Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Botox why?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe it's white women trying to look like black women? Same with the suntan thing?

Then there's black women trying to look like white women with the hair straightening and bleaching creams.

A whole lot of body dysmorphia going on it seems. Not just women either.

Human beings in general are often follow fashion monkeys too. On all sorts of levels. Probably in our nature as a social species and our basic need for acceptance and approval from others.

Some blame the media.

At the end of the day, you can analyse the shit out of these things, but it won't do you much good or change much. Probably best to just leave everyone to do their own thing I reckon, so long as it's not harming anyone else.
That's quite a post, and it may take me longer than I'm prepared to give it to digest.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
There is nothing wrong with a bit of grooming. I burned out my ear hair earlier today - with fire. Number three'd my eyebrows. And dealt with the sack and crack.

Bit of a worry you have mixed up lip implants with botox.

Be careful with that electric toothbrush. Just after you've had a shit. ??? :wink:
what you on about.
i haven’t mixed up anything with anything. whereas you seem to be very muddled.. never mind

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Is it any different to punks walking around back in the day for example with all the weird and wonderful piercings and hair styles? trends/fashions will always come and go until the end of time. To suggest it’s social media and influence is that any different to kids back in the day following a band and wanting to dress and look like them? I’m guessing most of the board have been guilty of that as a kid/teen.

They may well regret it in future years although of course we don’t think of that when we are young.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Is it any different to punks walking around back in the day for example with all the weird and wonderful piercings and hair styles? trends/fashions will always come and go until the end of time. To suggest it’s social media and influence is that any different to kids back in the day following a band and wanting to dress and look like them? I’m guessing most of the board have been guilty of that as a kid/teen.

They may well regret it in future years although of course we don’t think of that when we are young.
It's different because piercings and hairstyles are both temporary and will grow out without medical intervention. Botox or lip fillers, like tattoos, have a permanent effect.

Most people have fashion disasters in their youth, but it's a relatively new idea to make those fashion statements last for ever. Which sort of defeats the object of fashion, doesn't it?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's different because piercings and hairstyles are both temporary and will grow out without medical intervention. Botox or lip fillers, like tattoos, have a permanent effect.

Most people have fashion disasters in their youth, but it's a relatively new idea to make those fashion statements last for ever. Which sort of defeats the object of fashion, doesn't it?
It’s not an operation mate, Lip fillers are temporary it only lasts a few months. It’s a beauty salon job that takes a minute or two to do. I only know this because we fitted out a beauty place that offered the service and the owner was telling me all about it. She wasn’t short of a few quid either three clients a day and she’s earning near on £500.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Indeed. Albeit if the OP is still sticking to the Botox nonsense, I have some important news. The body resynthesizes the molecular target with which the toxin binds, and the effects reverse after several months.

On the other hand, if you inject a filler into your lips . . . . it can also be reversed!

Who knew?

If you get your face tattooed however....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

As stated elsewhere, botox is definitely not permanent. A colleague had injections of botox for dystonia. As the sodium channels were resynthesized the effect was lost (over a period of months). And as other have stated, some implants dissolve whereas others can be removed. Google it - massive loads of photos.

I am disappointed. I thought you were medically informed. Oh well.

(This thread is such a mess. It is on a par with those mad discussions where people mix up sexuality with gender identity and chuck in criminality and morality to make their point).

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Indeed. Albeit if the OP is still sticking to the Botox nonsense, I have some important news. The body resynthesizes the molecular target with which the toxin binds, and the effects reverse after several months.

On the other hand, if you inject a filler into your lips . . . . it can also be reversed!

Who knew?

If you get your face tattooed however....
I ,as always, bow to your superior knowledge in lip enhancement. I used the term botox as a generic which was clearly wrong as the correct term should have been lip fillers.
Please forgive me.

I still think they look awful though.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Eyebrows

I have NEVER noticed someone eyebrows......UNTIL they have made them so bad that I've noticed.

Such a weird thing to actively make mental.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not into injecting artificial chemicals into my body simply to try and be fashionable, be it fillers, botox, implants, steroids, ink or anything else (awaits link to organic implants, etc). Everyone of my fashion disasters, of which there were many, were either taken off, grew out or healed up :wink:

Other opinions are, as always, available :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
But you suggested that dissaproving is 'dictating' how someone lives their life.

Disapproving is disapproving. It doesn't make you part of a moral stasi. You can tell this by a walk down any street.

It's possible to be someone that thinks that there is a better human experience than people desperate to inject chemicals in their face or body without clinical need for cosmetic reasons.

Ive never stopped anyone doing it, and never would. But as the dad of two young daughters i find it extremely depressing.
As a dad of a 21 year old daughter she experimented with a bit of filler I can honestly say I didn’t notice to much difference tbh it was very subtle. Her flat mate went to Turkey and had a nose job she didn’t tell her family and they didn’t even notice when she went back home for Christmas which really annoyed her. try not worry I’m sure your daughters will be just fine.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I ,as always, bow to your superior knowledge in lip enhancement. I used the term botox as a generic which was clearly wrong as the correct term should have been lip fillers.
Please forgive me.

I still think they look awful though.
No worries. I have a high horse and find the sitting upon the saddle irresistible :wink:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As a dad of a 21 year old daughter she experimented with a bit of filler I can honestly say I didn’t notice to much difference tbh it was very subtle. Her flat mate went to Turkey and had a nose job she didn’t tell her family and they didn’t even notice when she went back home for Christmas which really annoyed her...
At age 20, we worry what others think of us.
At age 40, we don't care what they think of us.
At age 60, we discover they haven't been thinking of us at all.
- Ann Landers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here