Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Bosch dishwasher red light

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I've got a Bosch and had something similar happen. Now I'm not taking the piss and know you've said you've turned on and off, BUT, I seem to remember leaving it off for a certain amount of time, can't remember if it was 30mins something, causes it to reset sensors / control board.

This guy says it's more like 5-7mins to reset all the gubbins by turning off at mains. https://nelihome.com/2019/02/01/bosch-dishwasher-doesnt-work-try-a-reset/

Its been switched off for 3 days now, I will give it a go.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
The Bosch has a rather flimsy combined pump and water heater that dies under minimal linescale.
Quick job with part I'll post contact for guys who sorted mine if I find it.
Obviously you can get warranty repair though they'll grumble you haven't kept to the maintenance schedule(that doesn't exist) to pretend it's not a known design defect.
I'll post link to a good independent repair of I can find it again.

Thanks but I went back to my local repairer and it's booked in for Monday.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Dear NSC font of all knowledge.

My Bosch dishwasher (5 years old) has just started flashing the red tap light,
Dr Google has helped me and and I have followed all the instructions about cleaning filters checking water flow and checking the pump impeller.
All are ok but the light is still flashing. Now it has stopped heating water..

I have read on t’net about draining water that may be trapped in a tray underneath but it’s not leaking so I can’t see that being a problem. Plus it’s integrated so will be a pain to pull out.

Dilemma…. Should I pay for a Bosch repair (£120 plus parts)
Buy a new one ? Bosch £570 Kenwood £250 ???

Oh and I have turned it off and on several times.

dgp316___red_washing_up_gloves_with_leopard_trim_1.jpg

I thought this would be up your street, given your time in comfy aircraft :kiss:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
If in the Brighton area Google and call Paul Couchman Appliance Repairs. No-one better in my experience and goes the the Albion.

Edit - oh, Swindon Seagull... :rolleyes:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Its been switched off for 3 days now, I will give it a go.

The other thing I tried was taking it out and tilting it for a while. See the Error E15 code on this list. There is also an error that suggests tilting it to the right. I still don't know whether the tilting worked or just unplugging it for a period of time did the trick. It hasn't had a fault for about 3 years since though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here