Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro meltdown

leo.eyles

May 7, 2015
Hull's cup run may be over but they still have it in their legs and they have to play Tuesday and Friday this week.

el punal

To be fair they've just lost to the bottom of the league. If we'd had their string of results plenty on here would be calling for Hughton to be sacked and Bloom to "get rid" of half the team.

Didn't help that this match, of all matches, at exactly the worst time you could wish for, was shown as a live match on TV. Ouch!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why are we all celebrating this loss? What has it to do with mid-table Brighton & Hove Albion? We have no part to play in this top of the table party: now let us all quietly sit down & appreciate our mediocrity once more.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hull's cup run may be over but they still have it in their legs and they have to play Tuesday and Friday this week.

That's why i would like Boro to lose to Hull and hope Hull's exploits catch up with them later on..

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Why are we all celebrating this loss? What has it to do with mid-table Brighton & Hove Albion? We have no part to play in this top of the table party: now let us all quietly sit down & appreciate our mediocrity once more.
This. The Big 3 are plainly streets ahead and if anyone was going to gatecrash then it would be the talented Derby County squad.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I have to agree with you. Some players are going to be on a massive high knowing that together, they've got rid of Karnaka (albeit temporary for now). Perhaps we'll see Rhodes, Downing and even Ayala back in the team today in a traditional Championship style 4-4-2. They have the players to smash Charlton to pieces & I won't be surprised if they do.

Fortunately it was only a theory :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This. The Big 3 are plainly streets ahead and if anyone was going to gatecrash then it would be the talented Derby County squad.

Thank you. At last, somebody else who appreciates that we should know our place.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's why i would like Boro to lose to Hull and hope Hull's exploits catch up with them later on..
Hull beating 'boro would give them a massive lift. They then have over 2 weeks' rest, so I can't see tiredness being a problem if they beat 'boro.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thank you. At last, somebody else who appreciates that we should know our place.
I understand that (along with many other things perhaps) has been drilled into you over the years, but it's really a sentiment that applies to women, not our football club.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hull beating 'boro would give them a massive lift. They then have over 2 weeks' rest, so I can't see tiredness being a problem if they beat 'boro.

hmm.a draw is the obvious best result,can't see us getting a final day result a Boro,Hull 2 weeks rest or not will have played more games,especially if they slip to the play offs.

Perhaps it's looking too far ahead..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boro's issues are a bonus, but at the end of the day it won't win us games..

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
Is this really the side who, not so long ago, removed our trousers and rogered us a Japanese flag?

As a Boro fan us spanking you at the Amex was actually the greatest compliment anyone could pay you.

Boro are a team that defy all the logic of football; normally for a team to beat us they have to be really really shit. By contrast if a side is really accomplished it's 3 points to Boro all day long and convincingly so. Apart from the away game against Hull we've drawn 1, won 1 against Derby and floored every other contender without too much difficulty, home or away. So in fact us beating you 3 nil marks you out as true contenders for the title.

It's actually a good thing for us that we're up this end of the table really; if we were to drop into league one we would be facing lower opposition every week and we'd sink through the successive leagues without trace. However should the unthinkable happen and we amazingly make the Prem then practically all the sides would be strong, so we'd be hammering the majority of them all and doing a Leicester next year.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
As a Boro fan us spanking you at the Amex was actually the greatest compliment anyone could pay you.

Boro are a team that defy all the logic of football; normally for a team to beat us they have to be really really shit. By contrast if a side is really accomplished it's 3 points to Boro all day long and convincingly so. Apart from the away game against Hull we've drawn 1, won 1 against Derby and floored every other contender without too much difficulty, home or away. So in fact us beating you 3 nil marks you out as true contenders for the title.

It's actually a good thing for us that we're up this end of the table really; if we were to drop into league one we would be facing lower opposition every week and we'd sink through the successive leagues without trace. However should the unthinkable happen and we amazingly make the Prem then practically all the sides would be strong, so we'd be hammering the majority of them all and doing a Leicester next year.

Good luck with that :) Burnley however appear to be flat track bullies par excellance. They have no place in the Championship (div 2). I bloody love this division, it's such fun.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Best scenario would be Hull only draw or lose tonight, and draw Friday with Boro. IF we do the biz tomorrow and Sat, we could be in 2nd with a healthy gap to 3rd!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here