Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Border staff strike - should strikers be sacked ?

Border guards - should they be sacked if they strike?

• Total voters

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
After the Olympics have finished, yes. There are soldiers being made redundant so why not employ them to do the job instead.

Much as I have never agreed with you in the past.......I agree!! But why not before the Olympics? Get rid of the mercenary fuckers. Index linked pensions and wages set to just over inflation rates is a bloody scandal in this day and age. Don't they think they have a better deal than most? 99% of people would kill to have a job as fortunate as theirs, and they're going to strike? Do me a favour.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Never mind the strikers, but I would happily smack the fcuking **** Mark Sowotka in the kisser.

What a complete and utter w4nker that bloke is. He's drawing over £100,000 as leader of that union. I fcuking loathe the bastard

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Much as I have never agreed with you in the past.......I agree!! But why not before the Olympics? Get rid of the mercenary fuckers. Index linked pensions and wages set to just over inflation rates is a bloody scandal in this day and age. Don't they think they have a better deal than most? 99% of people would kill to have a job as fortunate as theirs, and they're going to strike? Do me a favour.

This - all of it including the bit about PSB!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Never mind the strikers, but I would happily smack the fcuking **** Mark Sowotka in the kisser.

What a complete and utter w4nker that bloke is. He's drawing over £100,000 as leader of that union. I fcuking loathe the bastard

You really should not be too shy to express your opinion of people on here! Just tell us as it is. :wink:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Worryingly I have sympathy with PSBs opinion. Soldiers get a raw deal when it comes to pay and benefits and I'm sure most of those being made redundant would welcome a job with the Boarder Agency. As someone who has an out of work partner I know she'd be happy with any job yet you get these jumped up civil servants striking. To pick the date they have is nothing but being opportunistic ( and I say that when I really couldn't give a flying f*** about the Olympics ).

My cousin is currently on the frontline in Afghanistan and he'd happily swap it for a simple Boarder Control job. As would my mate Andy ( RIP ) who was killed out there a couple of years ago. Quite frankly many of these strikers don't know how good they've got it.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

THIS ! Him and Bob Crowe need burning at the stake.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I absolutely agree that these people's case is weak, I'd love their pensions, and their jobs seem less than onerous.

BUT taking away the right to strike (or sacking them for striking, which is tantamount to the same thing) is the act of a totalitarian regime. What you you take away next? The right to a fair trial? A free press?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I absolutely agree that these people's case is weak, I'd love their pensions, and their jobs seem less than onerous.

BUT taking away the right to strike (or sacking them for striking, which is tantamount to the same thing) is the act of a totalitarian regime. What you you take away next? The right to a fair trial? A free press?

I am not overly fussed if they want to strike but doing it during the Olympics should definitely be a sackable offence....imo

I feel the same way about airport/airline staff striking during peak holiday season.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

I wouldn't take away their right per se, but I was interested to read that there was only a 20% turn out in their ballot, and only 57% voted for strike action. Seems to me that less than one in ten of their union members actually voted for the strike. It's not hard to guess that it's only the most militant of union reps that have actually voted. And why are they striking? Over "potential" job cuts - not DEFINATE job cuts. Potentially I might go to the end of my road and skinny dip in the sea, doesn't mean it's ACTUALLY going to happen. Their union chief wants stringing up for this.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away

Yes of course. Lets sack them all and get the good old Private Sector to do the job. Someone like G4S would be good and they only charge £53 million!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There is nothing more important than the Olympics, everyone must kneel and kiss the ring(s).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is nothing more important than the Olympics, everyone must kneel and kiss the ring(s).

I don't give a shit about them but deliberately disrupting them is the pretty despicable given that these twats aren't on the breadline. Apart from which how difficult and demanding is it to swipe a passport?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yes of course. Lets sack them all and get the good old Private Sector to do the job. Someone like G4S would be good and they only charge £53 million!

I totally disagree. We should clear this type out, and replace them with a paramilitary group like most countries appear to have these days. As has been mentioned, lots of ex-military about would probably love the jobs. Would provide a ready-made armed response to any terrorists as well, to free-up the old bill to do some crime fighting.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Smoke coming out of my ears now !

The Unions representing Borders agency staff and the RMT are, in my opinion, a total disgrace. Trade Unions were appropriate in a totalitarian state but not in the UK (which now has so many safeguards for the ' under privileged' via employment law) is no longer appropriate. To introduce this action now, during an Olympic Games, is the lowest of the low.

BTW, I was a member of Unison and, when I had a problem, they failed to return my e mails. THAT should prove conclusively that they are very much only interested in their own kind, ie Union Staff !

As someone previously posted, b--- them !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here