Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Glenn Murray

Jan 30, 2008
At the game today, I was appalled to hear boos from the crowd when Murray was mentioned on the linup. I felt it was an insult to a man who has served the club very well in the past.

I know he went to Palace, but football is a business and they were promising first team football for a strong promotion contending championship side and were (probably) paying more money than we could offer him.

I was shocked when he was booed. Even more so when he scored and the booing got louder. He made a fantastic effort of not celebrating and I thought that was amazing.

Even after scoring his second goal he kept his celebrations to a minimum. I give him a lot of credit for that. He proved a point and if that had been me I would have gone mental (particularly after being booed) and I was impressed by the way he controlled himself.

All in all I'm horrified that Brighton fans would boo him and feel bad for Murray.

(On a positive note, we didn't lose! :lolol::lolol::lolol:)
ha ha, so he didn't leave for more money then:tosser:
regards
DR

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I didn't boo him.

It's not his fault if he gets a good contract offer from our rivals when we've not done enough to make him stay.

yes I understand there is no loyalty to a player from a club etc., but there are things like Honour, Respect, Gratitude and Class that he has shown himself to be sadly lacking.

Because clubs are famous for showing honour, respect, gratitude and class when it comes to players, transfers and contracts.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I thought he did his job in a thoroughly professional manner this afternoon without displaying any of the prima-Donna antics of many players. He scored two goals, celebrated reasonably and left to a generous ovation from many fair-minded supporters. Would I have him back? Like a shot. He is exactly what we need-a genuine Championship goalscorer.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
I'm over the anti Murray panto bullshit and surprised myself today when he was subbed and felt obliged to clap him for 2 reasons. Firstly he's a class former player and I respect him for the service he gave and he's never once celebrated and most ex players would with the shite we've given him and I was gutted he left and secondly for a classy forward line display that we haven't seen since the summer and Ulloa left.

If he came back which he wont but IF he did, I'd be over the moon.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He left us for Palace after holding us to ransom and we didn't pay up.
He knew what it meant and yes I understand there is no loyalty to a player from a club etc., but there are things like Honour, Respect, Gratitude and Class that he has shown himself to be sadly lacking.

The only reason the feckless **** doesn't celebrate when he scores against us is because he's still living locally by all accounts. Watch him feck off up North and then he'll really give it the full works.

I never clapped Hammond when he came back, likewise I would never clap Harding, they like Judas displayed the same toadyish, spiteful, ungrateful traits.

Bollocks to him.

Absolutely, the Albion are far classier than that, they'd never sack someone with a family on Christmas Eve, or announce the manager had been sacked on a Sunday night whilst he was in the BBC Studio, or who refused to stock the book written by the former chairman who had done a lot to save the club.........Oh.

Remind me of the honour, respect, gratitude and class shown to Murray by the baying clowns who were chanting "Ditch the bitch" to him at Brentford the previous season when his marriage collapsed and thinking they were hilarious, and then going disco mental when he didn't clap them at the end of the game?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Can't believe he can't get into a very, very poor Palace 18 man match day squad.

They must be really high in the league to be able to leave him out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Murray is a quality player and we badly mis-judged the situation but there was a big clue if you look at the footage in the dressing room at Withdean after we were confirmed champions where Poyet totally ignored him and he just sat there whilst everyone celebrated.

To me he was always a bit of a different type of player - bit like Pat Nevin who just does not fit the typical footballer mould but still very good. I am pretty certain Poyet just could not manage a player like that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Remind me of the honour, respect, gratitude and class shown to Murray by the baying clowns who were chanting "Ditch the bitch" to him at Brentford the previous season when his marriage collapsed and thinking they were hilarious,

They weren't married

Can't even be bothered to explain yet again that Murray was offered a derisory contract and the only reason he joined Palace was yes money, but mainly the close proximity to his Brighton home. The bloke is so bloody nice, he has run free training sessions at the football academy that his stepson attends. He did no want to leave, we do seem to have a habit of losing our better strikers.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
He left us for Palace after holding us to ransom and we didn't pay up.
He knew what it meant and yes I understand there is no loyalty to a player from a club etc., but there are things like Honour, Respect, Gratitude and Class that he has shown himself to be sadly lacking.

The only reason the feckless **** doesn't celebrate when he scores against us is because he's still living locally by all accounts. Watch him feck off up North and then he'll really give it the full works.

I never clapped Hammond when he came back, likewise I would never clap Harding, they like Judas displayed the same toadyish, spiteful, ungrateful traits.

Bollocks to him.

He still lives in Patcham.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Knew he'd score today but didn't think it would take only 36 seconds, or that it would happen twice.

My son asked why I cheered his name when they read out the Reading team. I told him that booing only makes him perform better at the Amex.

A classy Championship player that we should never have let go, especially as Poyet signally failed to build his team around CMS, as advertised at the time.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
****ing hell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here