Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Dicker and Harley's name before kick-off...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I did exactly this, when we played Crawley pre season, a group of absolute morons stood at the back of the terrace giving Casper untold grief, so let's just say I had a word, they shut up after that.
If any of you on here were in that group, then you're as bad as the dickheads booing our own players today.

Good man.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Only time I ever booed anyone was the MK Dons away game when everyone was shit except Andy Whing . I could have played better than Craig Davis that day.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I swear Harley gets the most stick on this forum. For what? Okay he may not score or whatever but It's like he has a constant witch hunt going on for him. Feel sorry for the guy really. How'd you expect him to play with the amount he gets slagged off and boo'ed. Seriously give the guy a break :annoyed:

err???........ there's no witch hunt, the very simple reason he gets stick, is he has been completely shit since joining, he bottles tackles and offers very little to the cause. Are there other reasons? No.

I don't feel sorry for him he's earning a lot more money than most on here and he has the opportunity to play at The Amex, in front of full houses. He is privileged and he would be loved if he earned his status with performances and the odd tackle.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Booing before the game is unacceptable. After the game is fair enough if there's been a particularly poor display.

Booing Gary Dicker is unbelievable. He's been playing well this season and fits in perfectly with our style of play.

I'm not 100% sure why Harley is still here but lets see what he does - Gus must still see something there...
Dicker and harley are shite although its bit difficult to boo certain players after the match isn't it?
Anyway harley has far more potential than donkey dicker.

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
Well done to whoever it was booing when their names were read out before the match.

Couldn't work out exactly who it was but was near the back of the north stand. If you happen to read this, why don't you not bother coming next game eh.

My Dad is a bit of moany old bastard and gave a hiss at the mention of Harley, Barnes and Dicker. Though, we're not in the North. I just give him a slap, call him a twat and get on with it....

Lush

Mods' Pet
Not sure Dicker had a good game, I observed him wafting around the middle of the pitch quite a lot, sort of looking like he might challenge someone :)

This was my impression and as evidence I direct you towards the highlights on Seagulls Player (not the extended highlights). At about 2.50 secs when the ball comes into our box, he's about 3ft away, standing still and watching it go past. A second later Crofts has to upend their player who's closed in and we're looking at a penalty. Then at about 6.50 secs you can see him in the corner of the screen, just watching the action unfold.

He just doesn't appear to be thinking about very much. Just watching the ball get passed around him. Then on the rare occasion that he gets it he seems to need a lot of time to think about what to do with it.

I'd never boo one of our players but I just don't really understand what his role is.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
This was my impression and as evidence I direct you towards the highlights on Seagulls Player (not the extended highlights). At about 2.50 secs when the ball comes into our box, he's about 3ft away, standing still and watching it go past. A second later Crofts has to upend their player who's closed in and we're looking at a penalty. Then at about 6.50 secs you can see him in the corner of the screen, just watching the action unfold.

He just doesn't appear to be thinking about very much. Just watching the ball get passed around him. Then on the rare occasion that he gets it he seems to need a lot of time to think about what to do with it.

Too true im afraid lush, if you really watch the guy, he's doesn't contribute enough, not if we're going to be top 6. Speed of thought, speed of action doesnt really happen to the level required. Harsh but true

D

Deleted member 18477

Harley is f***ing useless as this level. Same as Ankergren. But no, no albion player should be booed.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I'd never boo one of our players but I just don't really understand what his role is.

He does a lot of pointing too but mostly ignored, so I wondered if he was trying to get a bus and go home?

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
It's like Michael Carrick at Man U. My mates a die hard united fan born about 20 min walk from stadium so not a plastic and he always tuts and moans about Carrick . Think its just any player who has to play a safe role, people think they let the team down.
We don't want a team of superstars... Need someone who isn't gonna be fancy and just do a simple job.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Well done to whoever it was booing when their names were read out before the match.

Couldn't work out exactly who it was but was near the back of the north stand. If you happen to read this, why don't you not bother coming next game eh.

That sort of thing has always happened.

The old Goldstone North Stand used to give loads of players shit.

Ricky Marlow and Robert Codner were two favourites that I remember.

Having said that. IT IS WRONG to boo your own players before they even have a bad game.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Gus made dicker out to be the the smart one on the pitch,dicker sadly is carried in most matches and is mostly unnoticed by most fans,can't defend,can't attack either.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
All this booing aimed at Dicker, Harley and Gonzalez - surely Craig Davies got a lot of shit? His performance at MK Dons THAT year under Slade will go down as the most angry I've ever been with an Albion player in my life. And to top it all off, I noticed on the highlights that he gave it the biggun to the North when he only just managed a way past Kuszack from the spot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here