Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Best was shocking

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
You just know that our saviour Hughton is incorrectly going to pick him for the remaining games and I would rather have Best thinking we all like him very, very much and having a little go. Otherwise we will see what is, I'm sure, a sulk of true Premiership standard.

If you are going to boo him can you at least wait till the last game of the season or till we are mathematically safe. At that point you can give him the Jamie O'Hara treatment with both barrels as far as I'm concerned.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Maybe it is the only opportunity for the supporters to show their concern about Best picking up a permanent contract. I certainly don’t see him as setting the Championship alight next season let alone us being promotion contenders with him. If it is true about him hanging around with Kemy this probably doesn’t help his cause either.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Best is a disgrace and the booing was completely justified. You can easily argue CMS offers no more threat than Leon but one thing you can never fault him on is effort. I refuse to support a man on 25k a week who can't even be arsed to run. CMS might still be crap but at the very least he'll bother centre halves and win free kicks and corners that MIGHT make something happen. He's unlikely to be the goal scorer but between a crap player who gives zero sh!ts and a crap player who tries hard, give me CMS every time.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Best is a disgrace and the booing was completely justified. You can easily argue CMS offers no more threat than Leon but one thing you can never fault him on is effort. I refuse to support a man on 25k a week who can't even be arsed to run. CMS might still be crap but at the very least he'll bother centre halves and win free kicks and corners that MIGHT make something happen. He's unlikely to be the goal scorer but between a crap player who gives zero sh!ts and a crap player who tries hard, give me CMS every time.
£25k a week! Utter madness!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'm not a boo-er full stop, don't see the point, but even if I was I don't think I could bring myself to boo a player in a BHA shirt, especially after having a (relatively) decent game. To me it just shows a lack of class on our part. I'm sure I saw him mouth "why are they booing?" as he walked towards the bench, looked genuinely bemused and to be honest, I don't blame him. I'm no fan of overpaid footballers, especially of the gangsta variety, but that's not the point is it? He was one of our better players last night, the service he got was shocking, and booing him off just looked like we don't have a clue, which is probably what he was thinking. I'm sure I'll get totally flamed for this post, but I really don't care, I felt embarrassed by it last night and still do today.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Should we also Boo Barber for trousering 500k for basically making people redundant and putting prices up?

Seems like Best is the figure of hate and the route for Frustrations to be vented.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not a boo-er full stop, don't see the point, but even if I was I don't think I could bring myself to boo a player in a BHA shirt, especially after having a (relatively) decent game. To me it just shows a lack of class on our part. I'm sure I saw him mouth "why are they booing?" as he walked towards the bench, looked genuinely bemused and to be honest, I don't blame him. I'm no fan of overpaid footballers, especially of the gangsta variety, but that's not the point is it? He was one of our better players last night, the service he got was shocking, and booing him off just looked like we don't have a clue, which is probably what he was thinking. I'm sure I'll get totally flamed for this post, but I really don't care, I felt embarrassed by it last night and still do today.

I agree with you.....

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I have not read the thread, but fans should support the players that wear the shirt, Houghton is doing his upmost to play with the squad available, lets hope whoever plays up front Saturday gets the goals we need. Sounded terrible.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Spot on. Well said, sir.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Whoever Best ends up playing for he will score against us, its a given! Also I thought the booing last night was not warranted. He had no service at all! Think just because he's been singled out on here , he's become the scapegoat.

At the Watford game instead of booing Best we should sing Nathan Jones' name, he's responsible for keeping us up this year !

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Good post

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I didn't boo or cheer anyone last night. The performance of the whole team left me cold. I guess they were trying but to be frank, the only way we were going to score was by a fluke and in the end, we were lucky to escape with a point. I can't see us scoring another goal or getting another point this season. The only way we will avoid relegation is by default . As for Mr Best, he was no worse than several of the others last night but his whole demeanor suggests he is doing the club a favour by agreeing to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here