Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Best was shocking

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Utterly, utterly horrendous as I predicted before we signed him. Derby fans boo'd him for his lack of effort, Blackburn want nothing to do with him, says it all really. Will never score goals at this level, his best attribute in all the games I've seen him play in is complaining to the match officials.

He couldn't even do that with any success.
I agree that booing Albion players is bad form, but CH needs to know! He must be the only person who rates him!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Booing Best was not shocking......It was well deserved.

Hope it shocked him and either he leaves or gets kicked out....CMS is not any better but at least he gives 100%...Best gives nothing to the team at all..

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
If it sways CH into not buying him in the summer, it will have been worth it. There might be a half decent player in there somewhere, but he's not the answer for us.

This. I think part of the booing was a warning to CH not to even consider a contract for him.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
CH said he thought it wasn't personal.

We weren't booing the team, Chris; understand that at least.

#lazylump

I like the way the OP has started a contentious thread and then sat back with his cock out pulling furiously at the replies.

Dick head.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I think it was his complete lack of urgency or interest to move his podgy arse off the pitch so the game could carry on, that prompted the booing.

Yes I completely agree...he was doing the stroll of a late substitution when you are defending a 1 nil lead away from home. I was willing to give him a reasonable benefit of the doubt, but that slow stroll demonstrated to me that he is not the man for us.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Personally i didn't boo him but i do think that if you've paid the money to see the team play you have a right to make your thoughts heard.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The BHAFC "fans" that booed Best are a disgrace. I've rarely been so angry at my fellow supporters than I am now. Sure, he's not been great but tonight he was ok. CMS and O'Grady came on and were even worse! I know it's frustration more than anything but I guess tonight highlighted to me what a lot of people on here complain about: Our fan base is full of newbies and plastics (at least I hope that's the case).

I'm sorry mate but that is bollox...our fan base is full of incredibly loyal fans considering the rubbish we have had to witness this season

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I am not keen on him at all and it worries me that Hughton keeps starting him but I thought he Actually appeared to be trying tonight. I winced at the booing.

Arguably in the first half I thought he put a shift in. Harry Kane could play up front for us, with the ball being played backwards and no width or anybody in the side who can open the defence up, he would struggle to score. Tonight we played a side that were already on their holidays and we have been in the hotel a week before them. It was a disgrace tonight, but let's not blame one loan player. Tonight nobody turned up he could have substituted anyone. I would like to know what we are doing on the training ground because tonight was like watching 12 year olds on a Sunday morning. Everyone was leaving the ball for everyone else. Against a good side we would have been mullered. Not looking forward to Watford a home and wonder if the players will have the nerve to come out and thank the fans after the game. Can't see many staying behind to applaud them for their efforts this season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The BHAFC "fans" that booed Best are a disgrace. I've rarely been so angry at my fellow supporters than I am now. Sure, he's not been great but tonight he was ok. CMS and O'Grady came on and were even worse! I know it's frustration more than anything but I guess tonight highlighted to me what a lot of people on here complain about: Our fan base is full of newbies and plastics (at least I hope that's the case).

I've been going 41 years and booed him. He is a waste of air.

Think you'll find, just like other fans, most of ours appreciate effort and skill, Best and most of the team lack these. Nothing wrong in venting your anger at the little darlings. I'm sure they get over come their payday.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
at first it seemed a big cheer that he was going off and then came the boo's because he took too long and because people don't appreciate what he is doing for the team

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Actually reading that Lancashire Telegraph article referred to earlier makes me feel better - it's not just us who can't get him to play !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here