rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
No one is booing CH for picking him .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
None of this would have happened if the club had just bought Lavante's Roger Marti, in January, like I told them too. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there any advice you can offer Chuba in how you cope with being booed :whistle:

Yeah, take a leaf out of Roger's book:-

be a chippy little sod and get send off in the previous game, so you're banned from playing. :lol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Blimey.........35 pages of debate because a few dozen out of 30,000 supporters booed a lazy, disinterested and seriously over-paid player.

Bozza better get a bigger Board for next season when we start losing games in the Premier League.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
As has already been said, Akpom looked uninterested on Saturday & agree that Hemed or even Murphy, shoud start up front with Murray.

I would never Boo the Albion or anyone who wears the stripes but understood why some did on his Saturday performance.
Tonight is a new game & if C.H. decides it is best to start Akpom, I hope he doesn't start getting booed & jeered when he makes his first mistake, as that could hurt the team more than his lack of interest on Saturday did.

We need to cheer on EVERY Albion player tonight (even the loanees)

#TOGETHER we can do this (& this includes Akpom, while he wears the Stripes)

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Akpom was so off the pace and appeared so disinterested.

the lazy, disinterested piss taker

I thought it was a totally disinterested performance

a lazy, disinterested and seriously over-paid player.
Sorry to get all pedantic but I can't help myself...disinterested means impartial, it is a genuinely useful word which should be preserved and not allowed to become a synonym for unenthusiastic; the word you are all looking for is uninterested.

As has already been said, Akpom looked uninterested on Saturday
It can be done!:thumbsup:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Unfortunately I did hear booing from where I sat in East Upper... can't see any positive value in booing one of our own players...people pay there money so I guess they have the right (?)..but personally I prefer cheering the team on

You make it sound like those booing are trying to bring a positive contribution to the game in the first place. Chances are they haven't opened their gobs before that other than to perhaps order a pie.

They are there to be entertained, not to provide encouragement.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You make it sound like those booing are trying to bring a positive contribution to the game in the first place. Chances are they haven't opened their gobs before that other than to perhaps order a pie.

They are there to be entertained, not to provide encouragement.

Who in there right mind would see booing would be a positive contribution..but i have said that as they've paid i guess its there right....i just see it as a funny way to support your team

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So cheering on your team doesn't encourage and increase the chances of entertainment?
.....you seem to have misunderstood ..who in there right mind would see booing would be a positive contribution..but i have said that as they've paid i guess its there right....i just see it as a funny way to support your team

You've got the wrong person if you're suggesting I don't fully support the notion that vocal support and an atmosphere gives the players on the pitch an edge.

Think you have misunderstood, I was saying that those who are likely to boo are of a different ilk. Surely you've met a few of them? The concept of supporting the team is lost on them, they go to be entertained and would probably be watching it on TV if possible.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You've got the wrong person if you're suggesting I don't fully support the notion that vocal support and an atmosphere gives the players on the pitch an edge.

Think you have misunderstood, I was saying that those who are likely to boo are of a different ilk. Surely you've met a few of them? The concept of supporting the team is lost on them, they go to be entertained and would probably be watching it on TV if possible.

Yes i reread your reply which is why i edited mine about the same time you posted...my apologies

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry to get all pedantic but I can't help myself...disinterested means impartial, it is a genuinely useful word which should be preserved and not allowed to become a synonym for unenthusiastic; the word you are all looking for is uninterested.

It can be done!:thumbsup:

Take your point BUT it is acceptable to use the word disinterested as in "not interested" as well I believe.

Uninterested just sounds wrong to me :shrug:

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I remember the endless threads damning poor old CMS - running around like a Duracell
Bunny , clapping the fans and couldn't score for Toffee. Definition of trying mind. Didn't help him on here though. |/QUOTE]

I never damned CMS and certainly never booed him. He had energy and commitment and whilst probably lacking in ability at a top Championship club he never, ever stopped trying. And I loved that.

Then there is Akpom.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Take your point BUT it is acceptable to use the word disinterested as in "not interested" as well I believe.

Uninterested just sounds wrong to me :shrug:
It's not acceptable to me!

It is one of the many words that is changing or has changed meaning over time, sometimes this is no great loss or even enriches the language but sometimes, as in this case, our language becomes poorer and less clear as a result.

Disinterested has become acceptable to many as near synonym to unenthusiastic but that is because not enough well-meaning pedants have manned the lexical barricades and said, "Enough is enough". In this case the loss of the distinction between uninterested and disinterested potentially causes confusion which can only really be resolved by the loss of the first meaning. For example: If you were up in court would you want the judge to be disinterested?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember the endless threads damning poor old CMS - running around like a Duracell
Bunny , clapping the fans and couldn't score for Toffee. Definition of trying mind. Didn't help him on here though. |/QUOTE]

I never damned CMS and certainly never booed him. He had energy and commitment and whilst probably lacking in ability at a top Championship club he never, ever stopped trying. And I loved that.

Then there is Akpom.

Akpom has youthful energy, power and pace on his side, but displays none of these in his performances. Strange.

Whilst 31 year old Murray, and others, run themselves down into the ground for the cause of three points.

Perhaps SOME loanees just can't, deepdown, get motivated to bust a gut?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Akpom has youthful energy, power and pace on his side, but displays none of these in his performances. Strange.

Whilst 31 year old Murray, and others, run themselves down into the ground for the cause of three points.

Perhaps SOME loanees just can't, deepdown, get motivated to bust a gut?

I think my clumsy CMS point was that running around like there's no tomorrow is not necessarily the best indication of their value to the team as appreciated as it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here