Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boo gate.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I was at the game, and was incredibly pissed off with our lack of finishing ability. But I didn’t boo the team off and neither did anyone around me, it seemed to come from a very isolated pocket. And there are twats at every single game.

I’ve never once felt the need to boo us off - if a performance is really that dire I leave early and make the best of the evening.

I did lose my rag once at Leon Best and hurled abuse at him for being a lazy shit, which got mostly laughs from those around me and an almost embarrassed “sit down mate” from a steward 😂

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If the players had downed tools against Leeds and not tried, then booing would be fair.

But they didn't. It was another frustrating afternoon of dominating the game and not being able to finish. Could not fault the effort, just the execution, and no one misses on purpose.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Must admit I didn't even realise it had happened until back in the car and listening to Radio Sussex.

Booing his return is an odd one. Speaking last week to an ex-player who played over 500 games in his career, over 200 for us, he says he'd expect us to turn it into a cauldron even going so far as to throw fake paper money as he walked out at the start of the match. I asked him if such a thing makes any difference. Too right he said.

Makes a different to who ? Chelsea will have their game plan already and the players won’t care. Just means Potter will be even more smug when they beat us.

I’m in two kinds over should and will happen

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Must admit I didn't even realise it had happened until back in the car and listening to Radio Sussex.

Booing his return is an odd one. Speaking last week to an ex-player who played over 500 games in his career, over 200 for us, he says he'd expect us to turn it into a cauldron even going so far as to throw fake paper money as he walked out at the start of the match. I asked him if such a thing makes any difference. Too right he said.

At this moment I feel an emotional detachment from Potter. He wasn't really a charismatic man of the people (fair enough, still an increasingly excellent coach), last week he made a cold hard career decision and similarly business-like act to take the entire coaching team and recruitment guy with him. I've little interest in the dozens of threads popping up relentlessly talking about him.

For me it's now Graham who? and I'm excited to see who the brilliant TB/PB bring in as the new boss.

Potter will probably face a bit of a backlash on his return, given the circumstances of him taking a load of long serving staff, I won't blame supporters one bit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If the players had downed tools against Leeds and not tried, then booing would be fair.

But they didn't. It was another frustrating afternoon of dominating the game and not being able to finish. Could not fault the effort, just the execution, and no one misses on purpose.

John Byrne wants a word.

Chris36d

Banned
Sep 9, 2022
I think he'll be booed loud and clear when he returns at the end of October. I doubt many will forget what he has done, me included.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Scott is a very good commentator and witty. Spot on

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s Tuesday, and I’m all a bit “meh” now.

Maybe it’s the Queens death that’s made Potter seem like “news in brief” or maybe it’s just “modern football”?

Either way, he’s yesterdays newspaper and we’ve got to rally around Tony and Paul.

Excited for the future. It was getting far too good anyway, was starting to feel entitled!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Potter will probably face a bit of a backlash on his return, given the circumstances of him taking a load of long serving staff, I won't blame supporters one bit.

I hope we don't.
I would much rather we ignore him.
He had the chance to be a legend, but proved to us that he was only ever interested in his career.
No shame in that, but I would rather we treat him the same. He is inconsequential now.

Bruno remains a legend for me, he carried on playing to see us get to the Premier League and helped keep us up, cementing his legend status.
I hope he gets acknowledged favourably on 29th and Potter completely ignored, by our fans.
It won't happen, but it would please me if it did.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It’s Tuesday, and I’m all a bit “meh” now.

Maybe it’s the Queens death that’s made Potter seem like “news in brief” or maybe it’s just “modern football”?

Either way, he’s yesterdays newspaper and we’ve got to rally around Tony and Paul.

Excited for the future. It was getting far too good anyway, was starting to feel entitled!

For me, it was Potter leaving that made the queen's death feel a bit 'meh'. But then I'm not a royalist.

On the subject of the Leeds game, I was expecting the few boos to be drowned out eventually by applause, but they weren't. Mostly, of course, this was because most people who would normally stay to applaud were rushing to get into the concourses and get home. It was horrible weather, a dreary day and most people just wanted to be gone. So there were extenuating circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here