Boo, clap or meh.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reception for Poyet IF he comes to the Amex?

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I have an ex with whom our relationship ended particularly bitterly. We had lots of good times together, but the way it ended means that if I ever saw her again I'd kick her hard in the fanny.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Should this happen and it is an evening game, we could have sweepstake for what time the manager arrives at the ground. Can 19.22 be beaten for such an important game?

Another littler urban myth that has arisen after 'that' game. Where has it come from? Any picture proof? Seeing as there were 25,000 odd fans around at that time, I'm pretty sure one would have taken a picture of the manager arriving at the ground at that time

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Poyet transformed this club along with Bloom before it went sour. He'll get a warm hand on his entrance*

*Apologies to Julian Clary & 1985 who both want their joke back.

*We're also bound to lose tomorrow now thanks to this thread.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Should this happen and it is an evening game, we could have sweepstake for what time the manager arrives at the ground. Can 19.22 be beaten for such an important game?

The more and more of his antics I hear, the lower he sinks in my opinion. What next ? Tapping up Ulloa at half time if he returns to the amex in the cup???

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
one can say they will clap, boo, or silence......but....if a tackle goes in and poyet races to the touchline and then shouts at OG.....(75% probability).....then the clap and silence crews might come on board.

* he sued the club
* he asked to leave before an important game
* turned up late and almost made sure we lost to palace to piss off bloom.
* made horrific comments about the club and chairman after the above game.
* tapped up our best player to the point he REFUSED to play for us.

How can anyone clap him?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The guy is as two faced and big mouthed as they come...

Utter ****.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I love the idea of the entire west stand turning their backs. He wouldn't know what to do!

Nonsense.

Turn our backs on him, clap, boo or silence...none of it will make the slightest difference to him or have any effect on him. Nor would it for any manager or player. He'll be focussed on his team and couldn't care less what we do.

Just get behind Oscar and our boys and ignore anyone else.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
one can say they will clap, boo, or silence......but....if a tackle goes in and poyet races to the touchline and then shouts at OG.....(75% probability).....then the clap and silence crews might come on board.

* he sued the club

How can anyone clap him?

In order

No he didn't, he made a wild threat that he might possibly take legal action for what he perceived was unfair/wrongful dismissal. Nothing came of it
I'll give you that one
Did he? Any proof or is that just a wild rumour
Horrific, really?
In a way, Liam's agent (all be it Poyet's agent) had a say in that

Don't like the man all you want but some of the rubbish that is written is laughable

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
IF we beat Hull I would be more concerned about getting behind the team and trying to get to Wembley.

Might give him a quick clap but frankly it's should be a sideshow, but too many will want it to be the main event.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

* he sued the club

How can anyone clap him?

This sums it up for me, although I think that the last item says more about Bridcutt's morals than Gus's.

In my view, he should have been a legend for the style of football that he introduced to the club and his obvious passion for the game was entertaining.

What completely erased that for me was that he was very obviously not there on the big night in May and that for me is unforgiveable. Regardless of whether anything else is true or not, you can see that he showed zero respect for us as fans, so when you know that is the case why would anyone clap him?

He feeds on passion whether positive or negative, so the calculating response would be for 26,000 to ignore him completely (think Naboo shunning people in the Might Boosh), but even if we play each other, which is far from given, I would concede that more people would react in the moment and would boo.

Project Poyet has moved on and he got what he wanted from us as much if not more than we got from him. We owe him nothing.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I have an ex with whom our relationship ended particularly bitterly. We had lots of good times together, but the way it ended means that if I ever saw her again I'd kick her hard in the fanny.

Sort of sums it up for me too.......so Boos and fanny Kicks all round from me.

D

Deleted member 22389

Think we should all turn our backs as the teams come out. Continue singing Sussex by the sea but just show Poyet how pissed off some us where. Before that, we have beat Hull.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He won us a title, established us as a force in the Championship and introduced a playing style throughout the club. Delivering that title winning promotion for the inaugural season at the Amex in the Championship really was the stuff of dreams.

Despite the breakup, not sure I could boo him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If he comes out at the same time as our team do we clap for our team but boo at the same time for Gus?

Won't that make our players think we're booing them and cheering Gus?

Won't our players then just give up and let Gus win?

Is that what you want? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?

Well from reading the Sun page 55; it appears that Mr Poyet collapsed earlier in the week and is now moaning that his is struggling to cope with the pressure of the Premier league. Good job we got shot me thinks! Did a job n got paid for doing such, can't help think that I'll boo due to his piss poor behaviour at the end.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I will give him a clap as he walks across the pitch at the start.

He was in charge of the best Brighton team I have ever seen playing the best football of any Albion team I have ever seen and finishing higher in the league than any Albion team I have ever seen.

And, well, I don't know enough FACTS about how it ended to allow rumour to cancel out the appreciation I feel for the brilliance of some performances under him and the undoubted progress the team made on the pitch.

Without the progress under Poyet, we wouldn't have been in a position to attract the likes of Oscar.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Rather like an ex who dumps you the hurt runs deep. You want to hate them but can't and when the time comes you seek reconciliation instead.

Personally I think making a potential tie against Sunderland all about Poyet will play it into their hands & give him ammo for his team talk in much the same way Holloway used poo-gate against us.

Hard as it might be we should not help inflate Poyets ego anymore.
Give the ex the silent treatment and show her how happy & content we are with our new supermodel!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports