[Football] Boo Boys.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not going to lie, I'm been tempted to boo when we get a free-kick on the half-way line... and pass back to the keeper.

Every. Frigging. Match.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I’ve had several friends who support other teams ask me about the booing. It got picked up in the media. Brendan Rodgers referenced it in his interview on MOTD2 (although that’s a nice bit of deflection on his part). The fact is the booing was widely noticed and, to the neutral, seemed completely baffling. As far as the rest of the footballing world is concerned, we look like a bunch of entitled goons.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
If I didn't have so many dependants mate you know I would be there, snuggled up beside you.

Anyone as Potter puts it, who understands football would not be booing that performance, I can assure you, I saw the same on the box as you did.

The only difference was I never had anybody influencing my thoughts, I think you know me enough by now I follow my gut and not others.

Can you honestly say they deserved the booing then mate???

It's been a while Mouldy. I don't think the performance deserved booing but I can understand the frustration, having sat through it and seen the chances wasted, Leeds were extremely poor and more points were squandered.
Other teams get regularly booed and nobody gives a monkeys, but that's possibly because their manager doesn't get sulky about it and understands that paying fans can vent however they like.
Also, I can't believe the amount of fans who think they are the supporter police, None of their business if people leave early, none of their business if people don't sing, If anyone is 'embarrassed' about the atmosphere, make more effort themselves.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I’ve had several friends who support other teams ask me about the booing. It got picked up in the media. Brendan Rodgers referenced it in his interview on MOTD2 (although that’s a nice bit of deflection on his part). The fact is the booing was widely noticed and, to the neutral, seemed completely baffling. As far as the rest of the footballing world is concerned, we look like a bunch of entitled goons.
Indeed. The booing fools have made us all look like entitled idiots.

Cheers for that. Booooooo to you lot.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Booing was obviously ridiculously harsh but we have only scored 1 goal at home from open play all season (I realise the striker situation isn’t Potter’s fault) so we’re not exactly getting value for money for our season tickets.

Don't agree with the booing at all; it was an electrifying performance until we failed, yet again, to take the numerous chances we created.

I disagree that the striker issue isn't Potter's fault though. True, he wasn't responsible for failing to land our striker targets but it was his decision to retain Locadia and bin off Andone and AJ. I would like to hear how he came to the decision that Locadia is a PL quality striker and superior in every way to Andone and AJ.

Nobody but the manager sees Locadia as a PL striker. It's baffling.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm not going to lie, I'm been tempted to boo when we get a free-kick on the half-way line... and pass back to the keeper.

Every. Frigging. Match.

The groans at the north end of WSL were definitely getting louder by the time we did it for the 3rd of 4th time on Saturday

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

And they only know about it because Potter reacted...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is exactly the problem with 'booing' - no-one knows exactly why someone is 'booing' so we feed into the medias hands to blow it up into something it is not

D

Deleted member 2719

It's been a while Mouldy. I don't think the performance deserved booing but I can understand the frustration, having sat through it and seen the chances wasted, Leeds were extremely poor and more points were squandered.
Other teams get regularly booed and nobody gives a monkeys, but that's possibly because their manager doesn't get sulky about it and understands that paying fans can vent however they like.
Also, I can't believe the amount of fans who think they are the supporter police, None of their business if people leave early, none of their business if people don't sing, If anyone is 'embarrassed' about the atmosphere, make more effort themselves.

I assume you sliding a couple of fingers under my ribs and giving it a good tickle.

But in case you weren't, when you are coaching your sons side and then you start managing your daughter side, and she trains Saturday and plays matches Sunday and you look after your parents with dementia, you don't find much time, this has not just happened this year, I have been under it a few years now.
Are you missing our prematch pint?:drink::drink: I have to say I do, but
"I will be back"........but when......when I have done my father and son duties.
You were just a young boy when you had your kids and I was knocking on.:lol:
I am pleased Potter rose to the the fans, shows he really cares and he was 100% right to imo.
I have received much banter from gooners and others regarding the booing, and I can't dispute what they say.
Normally of course I would have a comeback........nothing at all.
When we get this elusive striker we can sit back and puff that cigar, until then we will have to hope the woodwork shots go it.

Still love you.:love:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We have had some luck this season but Saturday apart from not scoring we were back to our best and dominated for 90% of game. I think Potter was wrong to highlight a few boos out of a 30k crowd

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is exactly the problem with 'booing' - no-one knows exactly why someone is 'booing' so we feed into the medias hands to blow it up into something it is not

A bit of an own goal, so to speak.

[tweet]1465232583546003456[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports