Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bong Bashing

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It called opinion and that is what NSC is about..... isn't it?

Only if the opinion is sensible . You must of missed the amount times Bong attacked down the wing 2nd half and was involved in our better attacks. If you want to have a dig at players then our midfield didn't exist in the first half.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Only if the opinion is sensible . You must of missed the amount times Bong attacked down the wing 2nd half and was involved in our better attacks. If you want to have a dig at players then our midfield didn't exist in the first half.

I don't want to have a dig at our players but I don't think Bong is half the player he was last year. Sorry if that annoys you but I don't think I am alone on this one! Still we all see things differently!

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I think both full backs had a poor game today, which Fulham tried to exploit with their explosive counter attack.

But Bongs perseverance played a part in the winning goal, as he hassled to get the ball back before Baldock put an inch perfect ball in to Murray.

Some people love to single out certain players game after game... no idea why.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
A lot of abuse towards Bong coming from some cretin a couple of rows behind me in the first half today in the North today. He should be ashamed.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He took a LONG time to get back into any kind of form. Whenever he makes a mistake now he gets castigated much moreso than anyone else due to people recalling that period where he was awful.

It seems easy to forget he's a great fullback and player, with a mistake in him just like everyone else.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Was astounded when I heard those numpties on the radio talking about Bong. Even my ten year old questioned whether they had a clue about football. Ridiculous criticism.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We may need a new left back if we do get promoted. It seems to have been our bogey position for a while

yeh I've noticed he's one of the top targets for our venters

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Seems like some have to have a hate player. Was Barnes, often is Baldock, now Bong. Trouble I folk make up minds so ONLY see the bad so it fits with their preconception. Bong seems to suffer this currently.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't want to have a dig at our players but I don't think Bong is half the player he was last year. Sorry if that annoys you but I don't think I am alone on this one! Still we all see things differently!

boo!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some proper muppets about bong is very good and everytime we falter slightly everyone blames bong I think he s had a couple of off games like all players well unfair to single him out.he is decent

The lack of punctuation has me gasping for oxygen :lolol:

Period.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I am fed up with the Bong bashing. Bloke behind me hasn't stopped all season and moans about him from the moment the whistle blows at kick off to the moment it blows at the end. Criticises his every touch, never acknowledges anything good. I've tried debating it with him, but he can't see it. As Gaetan said soon after he joined us, he's an experienced player who knows his position.

He doesn't look as good as he looked when he played behind Kazenga last season, but the points I make are firstly that I can't remember the last time a goal come from Gaetan's side, secondly, the wide players rarely get past him to the byline to get a cross in as he forces them inside, thirdly, he makes the angle difficult for his man to cross or shoot from the inside once forced there. As a result, the attacker can't cross to the far post effectively or shoot at goal. Offensively, he may not have many assists, but he is frequently involved in the late stages of attacking moves as he was in the second half today.

He is really effective despite not always looking the part and rarely commits to let a forward past him. The defensive stats speak for themselves, he isn't a weak link.

D

Deleted member 2719

Bong is alright, I am pleased that Hughton isn't swayed by the odd punter mouthing off about him on SCR.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am fed up with the Bong bashing. Bloke behind me hasn't stopped all season and moans about him from the moment the whistle blows at kick off to the moment it blows at the end. Criticises his every touch, never acknowledges anything good. I've tried debating it with him, but he can't see it. As Gaetan said soon after he joined us, he's an experienced player who knows his position.

He doesn't look as good as he looked when he played behind Kazenga last season, but the points I make are firstly that I can't remember the last time a goal come from Gaetan's side, secondly, the wide players rarely get past him to the byline to get a cross in as he forces them inside, thirdly, he makes the angle difficult for his man to cross or shoot from the inside once forced there. As a result, the attacker can't cross to the far post effectively or shoot at goal. Offensively, he may not have many assists, but he is frequently involved in the late stages of attacking moves as he was in the second half today.

He is really effective despite not always looking the part and rarely commits to let a forward past him. The defensive stats speak for themselves, he isn't a weak link.

Absolutely spot on, and the exactly what happened today. Fulham never managed to put a decent cross in all game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here