Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bomb victims worth only £11K

Stumpy Tim

It may seem harsh, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I don't want the UK to end up like the US where massive pay-outs are given for anything. The tragic loss of human life cannot be replaced by a load of cash. It's sad our society has come to a place where human life is counted in pounds or dollars

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I wanna know WHY they get money, surely even a billion pounds cannot compensate for a loved ones life (although it would be nice).

Stinks of US invasion style Compensation Packages: "injured at work because you were a DUMBASS? get £5000, no win no fee!"

who's giving them this money anyway? tax payers?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
blimey - anyone else find that as odd as me - not in a bad way - just think its strange the government should find it necessary to compensate people for something thats nobodies fault??

Stumpy Tim

A friend of mine got $3500 for being stabbed in Bristol. Criminal compensation fund I think it's called. I suppose we pay tax to keep us safe & if we're hurt by crime then the police have "failed". Bit crap if you ask me

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Yes, victims of crime have received compensation for a long time.

I remember being disgusted when someone I worked with 20 years ago got raped and all she could say was that if she was going to get the same amount of compensation, she wouldn't mind getting raped again. A disgrace to womankind. Even though she was a complete slut, you would have thought she would have had a bit more pride in herself.

Last edited:

Since the
Met are already over in Brazil talking to the shot victim family:(
, I imagine his family will get a lot more. As it happens his family will be able to carry on their investment in holiday homes on a far grander scale.

LC

Last edited:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
its the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board that pays for victims of crime. Like the Soham Murders etc.

I think money does come in slightly handy for funerals etc headstones etc. Also if the person is perhaps the sole earner and they have children etc it must be a help.But I am more than sure people would rather have their loved ones back than money!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
London Calling said:
Since the
Met are already over in Brazil talking to the shot victim,

LC

Probably a little late to get any information out of him.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The £11k is an automatic pay out for compensation. In addition a dependent can claim up to £500k in compensation. That is the comparison to the $2m for 9/11.

Everyone is all too willing to moan, but then if taxes are increased so more could be paid people would moan.

Moan moan moan moan

If people feel so strongly about it make a donation to the red cross as they have raised a considerable sum for the 7/7 victims.

Alternatively stop so many assylm seekers living on benefits and then killing innocent people

Mr Blobby

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
tedebear said:
blimey - anyone else find that as odd as me - not in a bad way - just think its strange the government should find it necessary to compensate people for something thats nobodies fault??

Hows it not someones fault?

A lot of the figures bandied about in relation to 9/11 payments will include sums paid out by employers.

Likewise, some victims of the London bombings will receive payments from other sources, including insurance policies and employers/pension funds where death in service provision exists.

The role of the Criminal Injuries Compensation Fund is very specific. It isn't supposed to represent the value that society at large places on human life.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Has the fact been mentioned that a huge amount has also been raised by various newspaper campaigns ?

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The amount they are to get is disgusting, I'm sure that the Legal Aid the attempted bombers from 21/7 will get will cost far more than the so called compensation offered to the innocent members of the public. This country is a mess

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
tedebear said:
Whose fault is it?? Society? Me as a taxpayer? The as yet not captured terrorist??

So who should pay? and quite frankly £11k is peanuts....

Its probably not your personal fault as a tax payer no, but you could perhaps blame society. Though the terrorist cant be held accountable or captured and made to pay as he blew himself up

Why shouldnt the familes get some compensation? should be a damn sight more than 11k as well. These families have got funerals to pay for, bills to pay, loss of earnings etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here