Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton bid for Zaha

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Had he stood up more and dived less his stats would have been better and your team would have scored more.

He has undoubted potential but whether he realises it depends on who advises and coaches him and whether he can learn from them. Many players over the years have been where he is now and have gone backwards. The next two seasons, once he has moved on to a club which will allow him the opportunity to dvelop (or not) will tell.

Do you know how many times last year Wilf was booked for diving? None.

As for allowing him to develop, the only thing other clubs can offer that we can't is top flight football. As far as coaching goes, if you're a young player it really doesn't get much better than Palace.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I fail to see how 9 goals and 5 assists is somehow poor?

He's 19 ffs.

40 games in the second division. He produced 6 goals and 2 (two) assists. He sets up a goal once every 20 (twenty) league games. That's piss poor. Almost suggests he needs a lucky bobble or something.

Do you have a total for the number of dives, BTW?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

He's clearly got it down to a fine art. Will he look at working on goal creation next?

As for allowing him to develop, the only thing other clubs can offer that we can't is top flight football.

Only thing? How about...

- Modern stadia
- Large passionate support
- Well regarded manager
- The chance to not be in a relegation dog fight to lower league football

Other clubs have other things to offer, you know.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

As for allowing him to develop, the only thing other clubs can offer that we can't is top flight football. As far as coaching goes, if you're a young player it really doesn't get much better than Palace.

Do you know how many players worldwide get booked for diving? It is the plague of the modern game and its the one key skill your boy has to complement his pace. But his end product is limited and he has a long long way to develop before he is even close to the finished product. He will not achieve that at Palace, a fact recognised by a number of your better players recently

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
A lot of Premiership teams disagree. Every club in the Championship would swap any of their players for Wilf.

:lol::lol:

I wouldn't swap Vicentes left boot lace for Zaha. You know the player we have who won La Liga (twice), was the subject of a £35m bid from Real Madrid, has 36 Spanish Caps, has played in a Champions League final? Got EIGHT assists and THREE goals in just 17 games (6 as sub)? You think he is worse than Zaha? You do tend to humiliate yourself. I cant wait till the season starts with you around. Its going to be an egg face frenzy.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh, and the Lewes player who was marking him the other day said he was the best player he has ever played against. A week after playing your lot.

Strange as the Lewes line up for both games were different with some players rested after playing on Tuesday evening.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I was finding Seasides ridiculous musings funny and entertaining for their sheer delusional content but they are now so repetitive and stupid he is only the second person added to my ignore list, well done mate and good luck battling relegation.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
It's only a matter of time before his talents will take him, much like his predecessors to a top, top side..... Or more Wigan and Southampton.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Winifred makes Tom Daley look like a novice.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh, and the Lewes player who was marking him the other day said he was the best player he has ever played against. A week after playing your lot.

That's added another 20 million to his price tag then if a Lewes player says he's the best player he has ever played against. That massive haul of 2 assists in League games has probably added another 10 million to his value. I can see how you delusionists arrive at a selling price for Winifred.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
:lol::lol:

I wouldn't swap Vicentes left boot lace for Zaha. You know the player we have who won La Liga (twice), was the subject of a £35m bid from Real Madrid, has 36 Spanish Caps, has played in a Champions League final? Got EIGHT assists and THREE goals in just 17 games (6 as sub)? You think he is worse than Zaha? You do tend to humiliate yourself. I cant wait till the season starts with you around. Its going to be an egg face frenzy.

Vicente represents no transfer value for you. I don't care if you think he's a better player AT THE MOMENT (in 2 years he definitely won't be) but you wouldn't be able to sell him if you tried, and definitely not for anything close to the £5m we turned down for Zaha.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Vicente represents no transfer value for you. I don't care if you think he's a better player AT THE MOMENT (in 2 years he definitely won't be) but you wouldn't be able to sell him if you tried, and definitely not for anything close to the £5m we turned down for Zaha.

Funny how Palace are always thinking about selling and money - you must need it...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

That is a completely different argument, you said every team would swap any player for Zaha, and I have shown there is no way we would.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Are you genuinely trying to suggest your youth academy is as good as, say, West Ham's or Southampton's? You are on cloud cuckoo land if so. They have produced numerous top class internationals. You have produced the square root of f*** ALL so far in comparison. You're much closer to our output (Premier League winner, another at Spurs now).

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Are you genuinely trying to suggest your youth academy is as good as, say, West Ham's or Southampton's? You are on cloud cuckoo land if so. They have produced numerous top class internationals. You have produced the square root of f*** ALL so far in comparison. You're much closer to our output (Premier League winner, another at Spurs now).

This season, as it stands, we will have 5 players who came through our youth system and is now registered to Premier League teams. 1. Gareth Barry, 2. Russell Martin 3. Dan Harding, 4. Dean Hammond, 5. Grant Hall.
Including Clyne they currently have 8, so not to much difference in player output.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here