Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby zamora

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
I thought apart from goal he was poor today. However far better then Hemed and agree hope he starts with Wilson. However what do I know about football. I would have replaced Zamora with Wilson at half time

sign of a good striker ,not great game but puts the ball in the net and that is what its all about love the old bobby !!

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Last min goal Leeds 3 points, 80th min goal 3 points against Bristol, goal against Burnley 1 point. 2nd and winning goal today 3 points. 3+3+3+1=10

Its 7 points, the winners he got us gained us 2 points each game because we still would have got a point for a draw.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
sign of a good striker ,not great game but puts the ball in the net and that is what its all about love the old bobby !!

This. His positioning and anticipation in and around the 6 yard box is superb. You can tell he has played at the highest level for a large part of his career.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The only shame with bobby is that he's not a yr or two younger and be able to last 90mins, the reason brum came into the game more when he went off was simply that we had no one else to hold the ball up like he does. His goals to mins played must be very good, anyone know that stat?
I was musing on this the other day. Pretty sure it's close to a goal per 90 minutes played at the moment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Judging by the amount of people who suddenly re-appeared after he scored quite a few people in WSU missed his goal

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

Totally agree.I didn't think he had a great game today.Where as at Burnley I thought he was fantastic.
Saying that the decision to bring Bobby back has been a huge success reguardless of what happens between now & the end of the season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When the ball hits the net like a ****ing rocket (from 30")
It's Zamora
When the ball hits the goal it's not Shearer or Cole
It's Zamora

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I think he's been exceptional this season, I think it's reasonable enough to be cautious on signing older players but I think Zamora has really benefitted from the support the club and the fans have given him. Brilliant player and glad he's delivering.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Zamora is the thinking man's striker due to his exceptional positioning and reading of the game.

You don't need pace if you instinctively know where the ball's likely to go.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Dropping down a division has demonstrated the class he still possesses. He looks superb at this level and... I love him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dropping down a division has demonstrated the class he still possesses. He looks superb at this level and... I love him.
He dropped down a couple of seasons ago with QPR, when he was young enough to have done better. I'm sure he's playing as well this season as he did then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had (have) the same reservations as everyone else.

I'm still convinced about the fact that with Bobby the team has been 1 and a 1/2 strikers short.
BZ said himself in the post match, he's '"wrapped up in cotton wool" during the week, making match fitness difficult to attain.

Now with Wilson and a fit Baldock that'll go down to 1/2 a striker short (assuming Elvis doesn't step up).
If the club is able to bring in a statement forward in January allowing Bobby to become the luxury player every concern vanishes.

As luxuries go Bobby is clearly the most luxurious, and needs to be treated accordingly.
Hemed and Wilson will be fine together.
Then when the defence is on it's knees that's Bobby o'clock and we'll completely stop all this hanging on for the last 15 nonsense.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
S
I had (have) the same reservations as everyone else.

I'm still convinced about the fact that with Bobby the team has been 1 and a 1/2 strikers short.
BZ said himself in the post match, he's '"wrapped up in cotton wool" during the week, making match fitness difficult to attain.

Now with Wilson and a fit Baldock that'll go down to 1/2 a striker short (assuming Elvis doesn't step up).
If the club is able to bring in a statement forward in January allowing Bobby to become the luxury player every concern vanishes.

As luxuries go Bobby is clearly the most luxurious, and needs to be treated accordingly.
Hemed and Wilson will be fine together.
Then when the defence is on it's knees that's Bobby o'clock and we'll completely stop all this hanging on for the last 15 nonsense.

A fit Baldock must be worth a goal or maybe even two by the end of the season

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
BZ is a class act, loves BHA to bits and scores winners.
Whilst he might not last the full 90 his contribution so far has been amazing.
The Zamora' effect simply spreads throughout the team so, continue to treat our hero for what he is and he will produce.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bobby had an ordinary first half and, knowing he'd be hauled off on 65 minutes, could have coasted for the 20 minutes after half- time. But he did the opposite, he scored the winner and worked harder. Credit to him, and credit to the coaches for getting this end product from him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here