Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Who'd want to be on the scouting team? (other than BG)

I'm sure he's very good now and a good prospect, but £4m.

I wonder how much of that valuation comes from the fact that 'parachute payments' were bidding for him?

If the second best player in the Asia Cup happened to be playing in Holland's third division, looking for a move to the Eredivisie, would he have a £4m price tag.

What gets me is that QPR shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone until their FFP cheating is dealt with. As usual, the FL has about as much teeth as an amoeba.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
I thought QPR were in trouble financially.Flouted FFP rules like countless other clubs and will now use the gift of Parachute payments to gain a big advantage over Championship club rivals.
Its about time the FA grew a pair and started enforcing FFP and making sure the parachute payments are used for what they are meant. Financial rewards for incompetence and failure/.Seems there are emerging easy avenues for corruption in the English game not just the World game!! Load of cobblers!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
What gets me is that QPR shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone until their FFP cheating is dealt with. As usual, the FL has about as much teeth as an amoeba.

At present QPR are only liable for a (hefty) fine and they can't impose a punishment as it's currently being contested and legal proceedings are still going on and a ban on transfers is a last resort. It's much like the previous situations at Chelsea and Barcelona when they were given time to overhaul their squads before a ban was placed. Not right and not sportingly fair, but not much that can be done about it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Might as well just officially ditch FFP as there appears to be little penalty for wrongdoing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
4 million for two promising young players seems reasonable enough....sydney fc gave spurs a good game last night , wonder if TB has any scouts out here...........?? most clubs have...!!
I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion, from those 2 articles.

T'other fella is a footnote in one, and not mentioned in the other.

It may well be the case, but as said, nobody knows what the deal is.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Near the Portuguese border, I believe.

Been there - nice place. Missus Herne Hill drove 140km out of our way so I could visit!

As for the man himself, for me, you have to think about everything he brings, not just whether he'd cut it on the field or not. I think he'd lift the place, after a dismal season that I was glad to see the back of, and suspect I wasn't alone. I think his presence would lift the players, he'd be good in the dressing room having had a good career and played top-flight football regularly. He'd certainly lift the support - imagine him trotting down to the North Stand to warm up, right in front of those of us in the West Lower, were he to start a game on the bench, for example.

Importantly, though, I think he's shown with his attitude and quality at the tail-end of the season with QPR that he is still capable of producing, certainly at our level. Injury prone now? Yes. Way past his peak? Yes. Pricey? Probably, even if he took a very large cut. Would I still want him back here? You betcha.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As much as I want us to sign re sign Bobby, its far more likely that Shola Ameobi will be the one...

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
There is a discernible pattern in Zamora’s career. He has scored prolifically only when wearing stripes. At Spurs, West Ham, Fulham and QPR – none of which sides wears stripes – his goal-scoring record was modest. Even when he scored with that exquisite chip, at West Brom last season, he was wearing stripes. Bring him back to the Albion, then, and he will be back to his old self.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There is a discernible pattern in Zamora’s career. He has scored prolifically only when wearing stripes. At Spurs, West Ham, Fulham and QPR – none of which sides wears stripes – his goal-scoring record was modest. Even when he scored with that exquisite chip, at West Brom last season, he was wearing stripes. Bring him back to the Albion, then, and he will be back to his old self.

First sensible thing anyone has said all day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here