Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bobby Sanchez

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Playing with better players will improve his game. What’s the point of trying to organise a defence that doesn’t have a clue or doesn’t listen to you? Also, playing for a poorer team with poor results may result in a lack of confidence.
The loan system should aim to develop players at the highest level possible.

They are still professional footballers, "doesnt have a clue" is rarely the issue.

For goalkeepers I think its more important that the GK coach is good rather than maximizing the level of the competition they are playing in whereas I would prioritise the other way around for outfield players. Though obviously a combination would be the optimal thing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good to hear about one of our players being popular while their fans can also be civilised about it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For goalkeepers I think its more important that the GK coach is good rather than maximizing the level of the competition they are playing in whereas I would prioritise the other way around for outfield players. Though obviously a combination would be the optimal thing.

Sorry [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] have to disagree again.

Whilst for example, Ben Roberts is an excellent coach, there is no substitute for the real thing. You cannot satisfactorily replicate match situations, that is why you review and train on a specific area.

For a young players development (any position), you have to play, as you won’t learn.

Take Sanchez for example, at Forest Green he frequently chased the ball, coming for everything, when sometimes you stay at home. This resulted in him giving away a number of penalties. At Rochdale he did it a lot less, this is part of the learning.

As you say if you could have both that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Bournemouth could be a suitable destination, they have just lost Ramsdale and are unlikely to splash cash for a replacement. Alternatively Luton/Blackburn could offer a good learning opportunity

JamesTheDaley

Aug 22, 2020
Thank you for the responses and sorr for my delay. Sanchez commanded his area very well and was a good distributor of the ball. Did have some calamitous moments but they were exacerbated by our defence at times. However it looks like we will have an alternative to RS this season https://twitter.com/johnhillsport/status/1297926041428795393?s=19

We do need a left back and a striker if you have decent up and coming ones of those spare.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thank you for the responses and sorr for my delay. Sanchez commanded his area very well and was a good distributor of the ball. Did have some calamitous moments but they were exacerbated by our defence at times. However it looks like we will have an alternative to RS this season https://twitter.com/johnhillsport/status/1297926041428795393?s=19

We do need a left back and a striker if you have decent up and coming ones of those spare.

Glad he did well for you. I think we'll have quite a few going out on loan this season, but the loan team will decide at what level - and what type of football - is right for them at this time, and obviously I've got no idea about that. Can't hurt Rochdale to ask, I guess - so good luck! (both with getting a loan and with next season).

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Rochdale play some decent stuff and are a good side for us to loan some players to over the next few years

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It would be worth Rochdale enquiring about a left back for sure as Cochrane has to go somewhere. Just a question of League 1 or Championship.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It would be worth Rochdale enquiring about a left back for sure as Cochrane has to go somewhere. Just a question of League 1 or Championship.

Good shout. That thought occurred to me too. Or maybe Cashman up front?

Should we suggest they send an email to Paul Barber? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here