Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby. His message to Brighton fans.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Call me a cynic but I very much doubt whether there will be one. Sadly, the love affair between the Albion fans and Zamora was always one way, or at least that's how it looked to me.

:yawn:

Stumpy Tim

Jameson said:
Fair enough. This is our club. Let's not get too hung up on this. The lad was a top bloke for us - what more do you want? ???

Spot on. How can anyone try & have a go at Bobby after all that he's done for this club. If he wanted to move last year he could have. He's stuck with us for three years & we've had the best seasons for ages. Give the lad a break - he deserves his shot in the Premiership. If I was him I would do exactly the same thing, and I'm an Albion supporter

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
Lets face it we both came out winners, Bobbys goals helped us to two consecutive championships and despite an injury plagued season almost kept us in Division One, the benefit to him was that he became a large fish in the small bowl that is the lower divisions, he attracted massive media attention and deservedly went on to play for England at U-21 level.

I think that he has gone at the right time, he is young enough to benefit from the better level of coaching at a higher level (though this is not guaranteed by moving to Spurs) and surely it is better that he leave us with plenty of good memories rather than turn into a big time Charlie who begrudges the fact that he has to stay with the team into another season. I know it is a well worn cliche but no player is ever bigger than the team, we have a good squad preparing for life back in the second division, we as fans will find someone else to sing about before too long, that is for certain.

ojalbion

Jul 7, 2003
ill be watching the spurs games on tv

i hope he sticks 30 in the 'back of the net'

his interview did make me chuckle, lots of 'well, you know' etc

very bull durham

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Not so much only focused on the fans, but on the club as a whole:

http://www.thisisbrightonandhove.co.uk/brighton__hove/sport/SPORT1.html

As he signed for Tottenham, Bobby Zamora revealed he was ready for a full season in the Second Division before Glenn Hoddle finally swooped for his signature.

Zamora's heart was set on a move into the Premiership during the close season.

He returned for training with Albion last Tuesday, however, convinced he would have to put his dream on hold.

The 22-year-old completed his £1.5 million move on Friday and told The Argus: "All through the summer I was wondering if I would get my move into the Premiership.

"When nothing happened I told myself that everything was okay and that I was going to have a good season at Brighton.
"But things happened and fortunately for me Tottenham came back.

"I seem to have been linked with every club under the sun but when I found out that Tottenham's interest was real then that became the only club I wanted to join.

"Glenn Hoddle showed how much he wanted me by monitoring my progress for a year and a half.

"That is very flattering. I am sure some people must have thought he had a season ticket at Withdean."

Zamora oozed confidence as he stood on the pitch and looked around the magnificent White Hart Lane stadium bathed in afternoon sunshine.

He said: "I've always had self motivation and self confidence.
"I knew that if I worked hard and looked after myself hopefully things like this happen.

"Dreams do come true. This is the beginning of a fairytale for me."
Zamora will wear the No. 25 shirt and seems in the mood to equal that number in goals in the coming season. He is clearly unfazed.

He said: "I believe I can score at any level. There is only the ball, the goal and a few people in the way.

"There is no reason why I can't hit the back of the net. I always feel I can score."

Zamora was the leading marksman in the league for two seasons running as he ensured back-to-back championships for the Seagulls.

He said: "It's hard to pick out any single highlight but those two championship seasons as a whole were tremendous and a massive learning curve."

Zamora was signed for £100,000 from Bristol Rovers, where he spent a lot of time in the reserves.

He was rejected by Norwich and West Ham, the team he supported as a youngster.

He still remembers where he has come from.
"I have never been a big time Charlie. People have said that Brighton is just a one-man team but that is rubbish.

"Otherwise ten would be sitting on the bench or up in the crowd watching.

"Brighton's success while I was there was down to hard graft, a great togetherness, fantastic support. We had something special."

He singled out the managerial and coaching staff for thanks.
"I am grateful to Micky Adams for buying me from Rovers in the first place but I am equally grateful to Peter Taylor, Steve Coppell, Martin Hinshelwood, Bob Booker and Alan Cork. You name them.
"Everybody there has contributed to helping me progress. I really do appreciate all they have done for me."

Talking specifically about Coppell, he added: "He was tremendous. He gave me freedom to play the way I wanted.
"Steve and Dick Knight (chairman) had to balance the books and I know I might have left a problem for them but I am sure they will sort things out."

Zamora believes his former club can bounce straight back into Division One.

He said: "I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping they can do well this season."

Zamora made up his mind he could cut it in the Premiership last season when he got 14 goals, despite an absence through injury.

"I thought I was ready when I scored a few goals in Division One.
"I felt quite comfortable at that level. I was really looking forward to playing in every game.

"From then on I just hoped something would come along to take me into the Premiership and thankfully it has."

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Top man. He clearly retains a big affection for Brighton, as he should, and despite the best efforts of his agent has left with at least a modicum of class. Seeing him play for Spurs at Falmer would be superb. Hat-trick in a 4-3 defeat. :clap: :clap:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
El Presidente said:
Spurs might have to become my second team

Will deffinatly watch them closely next season and make a game if it doesn't clash. Good Luck Bobby. Legend.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes - good luck and that's it.

What do you expect from him the Gettisburg Address ?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Aye, he's helped give us 2 championships and a hatful of goals that include some absolutely glorious strikes. Good luck to the kid and i hope he scores a hatful for Spurs. If he plays on a live TV game then i'll be roaring him on.

Cheers Bobby.

Grizz

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
would say esond team - but more gooner than cockrel !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here