Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blur to reform

I remember almost getting into a fight at the Brighton Centre when some GOONS did'nt like the way I was moshing to Song 2......useless britpop WANKERS cant handle abit of push 'n shove!

That'll have been some tosspieces who jumped on the Blur bandwagon after The Great Escape. Song 2 is actually one of the very few decent songs they made after Parklife.

Still, any chance to see them again is an absolute f***ing MUST.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
YAY.

521b75y.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why on Gods Green Earth would they want to do that ?.

"The Search For More Money Tour"...... from an unoriginal idea from Leonard Cohen amongst others...:thumbsup:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
£45 is a bit of a piss take.

Enjoyed Think Tank a lot. I think it was a better album for Graham not being in the band.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dunno about that, Chili Peppers a few years back had James Brown and some stupid bints who literally got booed off stage after about 3 songs!

Anyone who goes to see the Chilli Peppers deserves a shit time, imo.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Personally love everything up to The Great Escape, not as keen on stuff since then, but all the same a terrific band. Seen them 3 or 4 times and even when pissed up they were quite good!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
It won't sell out that quick and if it does they will end up adding more dates anyway.

You can see why band go away for some long. If the Verve or Blur had just keep on throwing out albums they would be playing places like the Dome now with the likes of Ocean Colour Scene but go away for a few years and they come back as LEGENDS!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
£45 is a bit of a piss take.

Enjoyed Think Tank a lot. I think it was a better album for Graham not being in the band.

It is a fantastic album

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It won't sell out that quick and if it does they will end up adding more dates anyway.

You can see why band go away for some long. If the Verve or Blur had just keep on throwing out albums they would be playing places like the Dome now with the likes of Ocean Colour Scene but go away for a few years and they come back as LEGENDS!

I agree with what you are saying but I think Blur are above The Verve in the pantheon of British music.....and as for even putting them in the same sentence as OCS.....

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Should we give Blur less credit for not chucking out mediocre albums? I didn't see any of Ocean Colour Shite (to paraphrase Superhans) or The Verve going off to do brilliant solo albums or start their own farms, and that's before you get on to Damon. As for Think Tank being a better album without Coxon...I think your lugholes may have been irreperably damaged by all those years of Manics tosh.

I saw them on their last tour and they aren't the same band they were. Unlike Oasis, though, the musicianship is of course still there. And Starshaped remains the best music video ever. If I had any friends I probably would pay £45 out of respect for 'em. But I'll probably wait for Graham's next tour, cos he's the only one with any authentic energy left.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Should we give Blur less credit for not chucking out mediocre albums? I didn't see any of Ocean Colour Shite (to paraphrase Superhans) or The Verve going off to do brilliant solo albums or start their own farms, and that's before you get on to Damon. As for Think Tank being a better album without Coxon...I think your lugholes may have been irreperably damaged by all those years of Manics tosh.

I saw them on their last tour and they aren't the same band they were. Unlike Oasis, though, the musicianship is of course still there. And Starshaped remains the best music video ever. If I had any friends I probably would pay £45 out of respect for 'em. But I'll probably wait for Graham's next tour, cos he's the only one with any authentic energy left.

Coxon did contribute to the Think Tank though.

It's all down to personal taste but for me Blur are one of the true greats of British music over the past couple of decades. Brilliant enough to produce great music, brave enough to try out different things and Damon Albarn's 'side' projects are equally fantastic. To me Albarn is a genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here