Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Blue Monday

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Arrived at work 7:40. Power cut so all PCs down until 9:30. Work may be drab, but it doesn't half help fill the time when one is sat in the office.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's supposed to be the day when the credit card bills arrive and people need to pay for Christmas.
Simple answer is don't pay for Christmas via credit cards.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Trains have been screwed at Balcombe all morning. Not a good start to the day for many.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Trains have been screwed at Balcombe all morning. Not a good start to the day for many.

Delays now up to 75 minutes and expected to continue until 12.00, given that the first estimate was a conclusion for 8.00 not much confidence in resolving anytime soon

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Not really down, just like hugs, so yes please.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You know that Geldof wrote that song about a girl in the US who shot some of her classmates and gave the reason "I don't like Mondays"?

I was a a party in a flat in Cavendish place on the 5th floor back in the day, when the guitarist from boomtown rats arrived via the window??
The madman climbed up the drain pipe as we didnt hear the bell.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Just been for a blood test (which I don't enjoy). Now working from home in nice warm study, looking over garden, listening to Soma FM Drone Zone on internet radio. Could be worse.

I went for a blood test last Thursday. They let you know not to call for a week to find out the results, so I presume it might take a week. A missed call came through to me this morning, from the surgery, it turns out. It was gulp time. I thought 'it can only be something truly tragic if it warranted them calling over only a few days. They're bound to insist I rush in now and they inject me with some cholesterol-removing platypus plasma.' A message was left. I rang 123. There were 2 messages on there, the first, I find out, from my mother from last week. I checked the tone to listen to whether it was anything different to the usual HI LOVEY (I don't remember when being called that started). Twasn't. *delete*
The next message is the surgery. Here we go. *deep breath*
"Hello, this is a message to say that we have your blood test results and you have slightly low iron levels. We have a prescription for you to pick up."
That's alright then. :)
I am not sure of the best and most relaxing way to find though such not amazing news. Or, if I was somehow more worried thanks to the make-up of this specific day.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You know that Geldof wrote that song about a girl in the US who shot some of her classmates and gave the reason "I don't like Mondays"?

Yes I do thank you. The point was although tragic at the time that was an isolated incident as opposed to the almost weekly headline killings now

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Today is reckoned to be the most depressing day of the year, and not just for those having to commute to London.

Anyone in need of a hug?
Is it a special hug? Because it sounds like you've stumbled across an interesting film about improving Mondays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here