Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Blud, Fam, Bruv.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Roadman talk for those who don’t know.

Or complete **** for those who do. These muppets need to grow up and start speaking properly instead of putting on a fake accent,allot of them sound like theyve had a labotomy and struggle to get a sentance out

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
People from certain region in speaking certain dialect shocker :ohmy:

London?
Not sure I've heard any Cockney slang in those ATV interviews :shrug:

Robbie the ATV chap with the microphone doing the interviews seems to talk normally with a London accent.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
London?
Not sure I've heard any Cockney slang in those ATV interviews :shrug:

Robbie the ATV chap with the microphone doing the interviews seems to talk normally with a London accent.

Accent isn't dialect. Slang isn't static.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You mentioned region.

MLE stands for Multicultural London English. There are examples of Adele speaking it.

Troopz is an absolute bellend (though I still like the idea he might be putting it all on and be really middle class in reality) but the way he speaks is a classic example of urban London slang these days. Cockney moved when all the cockneys bought counciil houses in Essex and Gravesend.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Or complete **** for those who do. These muppets need to grow up and start speaking properly instead of putting on a fake accent,allot of them sound like theyve had a labotomy and struggle to get a sentance out

a lot
they've
lobotomy
sentence

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
MLE stands for Multicultural London English. There are examples of Adele speaking it.

Troopz is an absolute bellend (though I still like the idea he might be putting it all on and be really middle class in reality) but the way he speaks is a classic example of urban London slang these days. Cockney moved when all the cockneys bought counciil houses in Essex and Gravesend.

Troopz real name is Charles Troopington-Smythe, so I think you may be onto something. :smile: :wink:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Or is Troopz a clever bellend with a net worth of over £1m and it’s all an act.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Or is Troopz a clever bellend with a net worth of over £1m and it’s all an act.

I really hope this is true, it would mean Simon Jordan's been getting his knickers in a twist over a childish 'act'. Similar to the one he used to own.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yea it's a bit cringe that old white Sussex boys take the piss out of the way black and Asians speak in london.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk
Good job you didn't used to post on here like some kind of ginger gangster or you would look a bit silly right now. Now that would have been cringe.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Having disposed of the team, formerly of Woolwich, it does amuse me how certain supporters of London teams use this “street lingo” when giving their opinions of their team’s performances. I’ve followed the Albion up and down the country for years and the main parlance of fans to each other is “mate, pal, chap, man, boyo (in Wales), fellah, and my lovely, when in Plymouth”
fam.” :drink:

"Duck " in Nottingham & "Flower" in Barnsley. Knowwhati'msayin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here