Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey it was a sell out today?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How do you know which seats are STH and non STH ???

A 10% no-show of STH is about normal for any event anywhere I'd think, so what's your point ?
Lots of seats near us are and I can see in other stands similarly which are nearly all ways empty and have been for seasons. What's your point btw?

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
2 -3 K would be 10% or missing two games a season. I miss about one (through illness) and half games (through trains) every two seasons.

If it wasn't for taxis and cycling (16 miles round trip), it would be five and a half every two seasons or even more than 10%.

Its not about the STH no shows. I'm a bit surprised the Beeb said it was a sell out because it would have meant a considerable number of matchday tickets sales were also no shows given the gaps in known 'non STH' areas too. Which strikes me as odd. Because matchday sales don't have to commit so far in advance so less chance of missing. Did the club say it was a sellout also?

Its not about the STH no shows. I'm a bit surprised the Beeb said it was a sell out because it would have meant a considerable number of matchday tickets sales were also no shows given the gaps in known 'non STH' areas too. Which strikes me as odd. Because matchday sales don't have to commit so far in advance so less chance of missing. Did the club say it was a sellout also?

Kin ell,

BBC Reporter: was it a sell out today mate?

Ticket office employee: [shrugs shoulders] yeah

BBC reporter: ok thanks

I'm not sure any of the parties involved went in and out of a chickens ******** to check if Bob in the East lower, or Jamie In the south west corner were actually gonna turn up or not

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Kin ell,

BBC Reporter: was it a sell out today mate?

Ticket office employee: [shrugs shoulders] yeah

BBC reporter: ok thanks

I'm not sure any of the parties involved went in and out of a chickens ******** to check if Bob in the East lower, or Jamie In the south west corner were actually gonna turn up or not

You recorded the conversation? And yet you don't know either. Guess that's why you're not the reporter...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The tweet from the club a few hours before the game saying it was a sell out might be another reason why people thought it was a sellout.
Thanks, seemed that tweet only reached Oz. So definitely a sell out officially. Shame so many seats empty despite this. Must have been a late bug going round matchday ticket holders ;)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Thanks, seemed that tweet only reached Oz. So definitely a sell out officially. Shame so many seats empty despite this. Must have been a late bug going round matchday ticket holders ;)

It was plastered all over the official site that it was a sellout, tweeted, said 'SOLD OUT' on the ticketing site and there were a couple of threads on here saying as much as well. There were no elevated powers of deduction required to know that the game was indeed classified as a sellout.

Altogether, I find this thread abit odd. It's almost like you're trying to bring attention to the empty seats and source any negativity you can.

I'll humour you though. There were still a multitude (300+) free single seats availble in the south stand alone up until around 11AM, and more throughout the ground. They can still claim a sellout with singles available. People moving seats could have created gaps. From what I heard in the South it was absolutely rammed with kids, many of whom did not return for the second half or left early. Add in the 7-8% ST no shows that exist at every single club throughout the country, perhaps even slightly higher due to the weather and you should be able to draw a conclusion.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Hey Mr Angry, why the steam? Why the assuming red? This conversations clearly not for you. You have no idea about the question, believe there's some sinister point to it and have dumbly concluded anyone commenting on the disparity between a BBC report and what we could all see must simply be 'taking the piss'. More thought, less rage me thinks. Go back, read the question again and if you want another stab at it then be my guest.
I’m Mr Angry? No idea what assuming red means but to say “This conversations clearly not for you” shows quite staggering arrogance from someone that clearly assumes they are far superior to me. Take a hike you pompous prick!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What on earth are you trying to prove? ? It was sold out, no tickets, but there were some empty seats. I assume you are just trying to take the piss?
i think it's a valid point to question ....i know a whole bunch of lads who went from worthing today ...2 of them are regulars but a bunch of 12 or so went .....you'd assume that numerous other groups of sporadic attendees were there today but yet there were still quite a few empty seats.....maybe the weather put some people off....!!! one thing is for sure........someone at admin level must be thinking " what do some of the buggers actually want to make them turn up and take their seats for the game" Newcaslte will be the acid test ,plenty of away support and the biggest game in our recent history (again:rolleyes:)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Strange... my initial thoughts was how small Burton's section was and it was good to see Brighton fans taking up most of the south stand.

As i commented on the other thread, the club annouced this as a sellout to both home and away fans about 1000 yesterday. At the time there was still over 200 tickets available to home fans. Mainly in S1A but a good number in S1D and a random splattering in all other stands.

It was clear at the game of the holes in S1A and D. It was also annouced at the same time it was a sellout to away fans too despite only half if their S1C sold to them.

Why did the club stop more being sold? They were playing silly buggars since Wednesday when the ticketting website showed all areas bar S1A as sold when there were tickets.

Some, not many would not have made the last minute decision to come beacuse of this. If there is a reason, id love to know it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m Mr Angry? No idea what assuming red means but to say “This conversations clearly not for you” shows quite staggering arrogance from someone that clearly assumes they are far superior to me. Take a hike you pompous prick!
Hardly my fault you jumped into the conversation from an incorrect assuming position. And my degree of pomposity depends on your degree of stupidity. Unfortunately you were quite stupid. Now calm down dear.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It was plastered all over the official site that it was a sellout, tweeted, said 'SOLD OUT' on the ticketing site and there were a couple of threads on here saying as much as well. There were no elevated powers of deduction required to know that the game was indeed classified as a sellout.

Altogether, I find this thread abit odd. It's almost like you're trying to bring attention to the empty seats and source any negativity you can.

I'll humour you though. There were still a multitude (300+) free single seats availble in the south stand alone up until around 11AM, and more throughout the ground. They can still claim a sellout with singles available. People moving seats could have created gaps. From what I heard in the South it was absolutely rammed with kids, many of whom did not return for the second half or left early. Add in the 7-8% ST no shows that exist at every single club throughout the country, perhaps even slightly higher due to the weather and you should be able to draw a conclusion.

To paraphrase someone else, 'eekin hell! It's simply a general observation, ponder, thought, about yesterday's game. No one is seeking to pour 'negativity' into your precious world of positive energy. Must have been nice for you yesterday seeing all those other snowflakes for company. Ow, and it's possible not to see a club communication 5hrs before the match you know. Especially if you don't bother with Twitter.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here