Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatter re-elected as FIFA President

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Thought it was funny yesterday that inside the same hour he was both described as a "micro-manager" and claim "I can't oversee everyone, all the time"

A bit like Harry Redknapp telling his trial that he didn't know how to use a mobile phone, but when the England job came up was full of 'Yeah, all the players 'ave been texting, sayin' "'Arry, hope you get the job", bless 'em."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How on earth is this allowed to happen? In any other global organisation Sepp would have been ditched decades ago.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Embroiled in a corruption scandal, what happened next with FIFA will BLOW your mind!

Good choice of words!

[tweet]604243334861885440[/tweet]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How does the process work? Why is there only one other contestant? Why don't any of the European countries put someone up for election?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't think he's got away with it. The FBI won't rest until they've got their main man.

I don't know much about these things, but maybe it is better he got re-elected, so he is easier to monitor, or track, when the Feds DO come knocking?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
UEFA now has to make a stand. Boycott Fifa events

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I thought Luis Figo was going to stand and then withdrew?

He released a rather impressive statement about why he withdrew, it summed up the whole 'election' very well

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I don't think he's got away with it. The FBI won't rest until they've got their main man.

I don't know much about these things, but maybe it is better he got re-elected, so he is easier to monitor, or track, when the Feds DO come knocking?

Indeed. Just tip of the iceberg so far.... the main sponsors will be tightening their ass muscles as well I would guess.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Sepp Blatter's victory speech, earlier:

image.jpg

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Hard to believe that so many people who are the most senior people in their organisations don't understand what they have done. I can only assume they have their own agendas. Hopefully the European Associations will have enough balls to drop out of FIFA. What's the point of being involved in such a corrupt organisation?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
How on earth does he have the gall to say he will fix FIFA. What the f**k has he been doing for the last 15 years?

Africa clearly support him but that is probably the most corrupt continent just ahead of Asia.

Seriously hope that all sponsors withdraw now and that UEFA countries do not go to Russia or Qatar. But it will never happen.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Will happen today.

And it will happen because FIFA is corrupt, and many of those voting benefit hugely from this corruption. FIFA cash is dished out to most federations to spend as they wish, and many of the voters will also have benefitted from cash payments themselves over the years, whilst living the high life on an expenses funded lifestyle, paid for by their federation who are partially (and in some cases substantially) funded by FIFA cash.

These guys are not going to bite of the hand that continues to feed them so well.

They are all used to voting for those who have paid the most money, that's how Russia and Qatar won the hosting of World Cups. It will happen again today.

:ohmy::angry::eek::cry::shootself

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Why should Andorra get the same vote as Germany? Nice for the little boys but really. UEFA need to send a signal. If they can, they should get out. It will take one world cup before people join up without Blatter or without FIFA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here