Blast from the Past

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

comeinpeace1

Jan 28, 2011
I'm a Norwich fan, and had a day off today to do boring stuff, but while clearing out some cupboards came across my childhood scrapbook.

In it I used to put newspaper cuttings of the Norwich games (we are talking 1980 here) and I stumbled across a report of the Brighton v Norwich game which Norwich won 4-2.

There is another one of the game at Carrow Road, which was a 2-2 draw.

Just though I would post the teams for the 4-2 Norwich victory at the Goldstone Ground, in case anyone is old enough to remember! :)

Brighton: Moseley, Rollings, Williams, Horton, Foster, Stevens, Ryan, Ward, Chivers (Clark) Sayer O'Sullivan. Manager Alan Mullery

Norwich: Keelan, Bond, Downs, Taylor, Brown, Powell, Goble, Reeves, Fashanu, Paddon, Peters. Manager John Bond

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm a Norwich fan, and had a day off today to do boring stuff, but while clearing out some cupboards came across my childhood scrapbook.

In it I used to put newspaper cuttings of the Norwich games (we are talking 1980 here) and I stumbled across a report of the Brighton v Norwich game which Norwich won 4-2.

Just though I would post the teams for the 4-2 Norwich victory at the Goldstone Ground, in case anyone is old enough to remember! :)

Brighton: Moseley, Rollings, Williams, Horton, Foster, Stevens, Ryan, Ward, Chivers (Clark) Sayer O'Sullivan. Manager Alan Mullery

Norwich: Keelan, Bond, Downs, Taylor, Brown, Powell, Goble, Reeves, Fashanu, Paddon, Peters. Manager John Bond

I was looking at my 1983 Quarter Final program when we knocked you out of the FA Cup around 10 years ago - although I don't feel the need to go onto your message board and gloat about it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I remember that time you got battered 7-1 at home to tin pot Colchester a couple of years ago.

I don't have a programme and I'm afraid I didn't go. I just found it frightfully funny at the time and I'd like to share this moment with your board if you wouldn't mind. I can't be arsed to type out your team on that day I'm afraid.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton

I was at that game (4-2 defeat). If I remember rightly Rollings got sent off for punching Fashanu's lights out!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was at that game (4-2 defeat). If I remember rightly Rollings got sent off for punching Fashanu's lights out!!

I think it all stemmed from Fashanu breaking Rolling's nose? Was that the season Fashanu scored the goal of the season?

[yt]Dny95JOdAQA[/yt]

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

You do remember correctly. Fashanu whacked Rollings in the face and when Andy retaliated he was sent off and Fash was only booked.

comeinpeace1

Jan 28, 2011
Just for those who thought for some obscure reason I was gloating - I wasn't - why would I! It's called nostalgia ;0)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Did you watch (or have the report for) the Carrow Road game in May 1983 - Albion's last ever match in the top flight?

comeinpeace1

Jan 28, 2011
The Fashanu goal was in the same season - I was at that game.

The match report does mention the Rollings punch incident -in mitigation though Rollings did apparently have a broken nose from an earlier tangle!

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Love these threads. Hi - I name myself come in peace to either say something really offensive or mention something that I have found interesting.

I would also like to masturbate while reading replies because it dramatically increases my low self-esteem. Just before I hit refresh, I ensure am arriving at the vinegar stroke which culminates in me seeing how many responses I have had which then initiates my salty explosion.

Although by this time of day I suspect you are now resorting to the odd chalky puff of dust from the end of your red, sore heavily abused little pecker.

In essence - I, and many others simply are not interested in the contents of some bored, friendless little Wurzel seeing internet attention.

Please be interesting - If that is, as I suspect, beyond you, please turn your lap top off and batter yourself into a frenzied insanity over magazines about people who dress up in uniforms and play war games.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The Fashanu goal was in the same season - I was at that game.

The match report does mention the Rollings punch incident -in mitigation though Rollings did apparently have a broken nose from an earlier tangle!

Fash broke Rollings nose and then promptly whacked him again on the conk. Rollings laid into him and got sent off. The crowd were rightly incensed and took much of their frustration out on the ref, but wrongly resorted to racist taunts against Fash. Altogether a very unpleasant game. The 83 cup game was much more jolly, one of the best north stand goal celebrations of all time when Jimmy tonked the turnips.

PG

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
All this was way before my time. Was it controversial when the Albion signed fashanu, given what happened in the 1979 game?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think it all stemmed from Fashanu breaking Rolling's nose? Was that the season Fashanu scored the goal of the season?

[yt]Dny95JOdAQA[/yt]

That finger in the air...just think where it went later.

Have Norwich joined the movement to canonise Fashanu as some sort of homosexual martyr?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i cant remember if i was there. too long ago. altho the rollings/fashanu incident is ringing some distant bells. Talking of which, I saw Andy Rollings in the 1901 club (just a guest!) at the Leeds game. Wouldnt have recognised him if he had punched me on the nose.

isnt time a bastard?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
what i remember about that game is,when the 3rd or 4th went in,the north stand started singing "moseley for england"

he had a stinker that day,but we still had a sense of humour,even in defeat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports