Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blame Sky

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
We played two hard matches in two days last week and performed and just ran out of steam tonight.
If it had not have been for Sky we'd have certainly played on Saturday and would have been able to recover easier, also had it not been for giving Liverpool a rest after their Sunday kicking at the hands of Spurs we'd have played last week's game on a Tuesday. Fact is the players ran out of puff in the second half - thank God there's an international break coming up after Saturday

seagull1971

Aug 8, 2003
Cyprus
We played two hard matches in two days last week and performed and just ran out of steam tonight.
If it had not have been for Sky we'd have certainly played on Saturday and would have been able to recover easier, also had it not been for giving Liverpool a rest after their Sunday kicking at the hands of Spurs we'd have played last week's game on a Tuesday. Fact is the players ran out of puff in the second half - thank God there's an international break coming up after Saturday

Don't want to come across as argumentative here but I have to disagree with you, these are professionals paid to keep fit and perform there training on the pitch. I like many people work six days a week for twelve hours and gome home completely shattered but if my work became lacklustre or I simply couldn't perform my duties, I would be down the road with nothing more than a kick up the backside. Yes it was a bit unsual playing two games in three days, but i'm afraid I can't wear this 'TIRED' lark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here