Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Well, I'm imagining this will make little sense to you if it really needs explaining, but I would argue that watching a match with your own eyes is generally more reliable evidence than relying on the interpretation of a radio commentator. Especially as it's entirely possible that two different commentators will convey very different ideas about the performance, based on their own opinions. No?

Dear oh dear, thousands of us were either watching on al jazeera or vid stream......jeez

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Dont try to be funny about being a fan. I have been a fan since 1969

50 years + for me
then you must have known more depressing times than this then
rejoice in the fact of what the club and the supporters have at this time

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
really
where were you when we were in the old 4th division
now some of that was depressing

CHAMPIONSHIP
9TH
GREAT STADIUM
25K+ EVERY HOME GAME
SHUT UP PLEASE

You tell 'em Glas.
Some of these youngsters don't know how lucky they are.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Dear oh dear, thousands of us were either watching on al jazeera or vid stream......jeez

Why the "jeez"? If you watched a video stream, fine. Your question was about why I thought listening on the radio was a less reliable way to interpret a game than watching with your own eyes. Retrace your steps.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You tell 'em Glas.
Some of these youngsters don't know how lucky they are.

they were shit in those old days .........and the coffee was cold too

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seriously, did you watch the game? I don't think he found a Brighton player with a single pass, which meant they kept coming straight back at us, his famous 'defending' which you lot bang on about, was non existent apart from one block, near the end (which he handled) I think he needs a spell on the bench.
He can't win can he.....scores an absolutely stunning goal, and you bang on about his defending.....he's not a bloody centre back.

Fool.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A good point from 9 men ... or did they have 13? What a totally sorry performance, embarrassingly poor

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Well said-I dont think any of the moaners have ever kicked a ball in their lives! :clap2:

Youy people are just blind. I love this club but it doesnt take a super knowledgeable football nut to see that that sort of performance away or lately at home is going to get us to the playoffs.

Now for all of you with angst about so called 'detractors' you can rest assure at least one of us is fed up of arguing against people who are too blinded to see for the trees. Maybe I'll try again later but, don't hold your breath. Logging off.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
why is it when the other teams breaks on us they break so quickly and when it come to us we move it so slow

Because we only have 1 player who can carry the ball at pace (Buckley) and all other sides now this.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Well they looked a good and pacey team when needed. I get the feeling we need to make a choice of two midfield slightly lightweight "bullies" rather than have three and a lack of touch in the centre. Orlandi is smooth and Buckley thunders. Hopefully a good combo in future to remove the pressure from us and get us to keep the ball.

From what i saw of the second half some brilliant goalkeeping and intensely brave defending against a team that seemed our better. A good point. Let's just try and get our touch back and look like we're enjoying ourselves again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why the "jeez"? If you watched a video stream, fine. Your question was about why I thought listening on the radio was a less reliable way to interpret a game than watching with your own eyes. Retrace your steps.

Listening to the commentary is completely different to being at the game or watching it on a live stream , the description of what is happening isn't the best when the conversation drifts off at a tangent and you don't know what has gone on for the previous 30 seconds.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Seriously, did you watch the game? I don't think he found a Brighton player with a single pass, which meant they kept coming straight back at us, his famous 'defending' which you lot bang on about, was non existent apart from one block, near the end (which he handled) I think he needs a spell on the bench.

This. When you need an outlet as the opposition pressure mounts you need someone who can control the ball and hold it up for a second. Barnes looked like a camel trying to control a coconut going down a spiral staircase. All over the place, never linked with anyone.

But we'll done Kooshaker and Al Habd.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I only saw the last 20 mins but what I saw Barnes really wasn't great, same goes for Hammond.

However I am firmly of the belief that Barnes is a decent player for us. Don't quite understand the fact he is hardly ever dropped, but he puts in a decent shift.

Will be disappointed to see Barnes in the starting lineup on Friday night, but he is an important player for us.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That's rather ambiguously phrased.

Dario Gradi bossed Crewe consecutively for what, 24 years?. In all three divisions below the top.
For approximately half the time, he was a genius. The other half, he was a twat.
And in all that time he never scored a goal.

The game is on the pitch.

Not ambiguous at all. I'm merely saying that he accepted all of the plaudits when we were doing well, now it's time for him to accept the blame for our current form. What's ambiguous about that?

As for your 'never scored a goal' comment, you lost me there. Of course the game is on the pitch-your point being? If you're saying that Gus has no influence once the players take the field then you clearly haven't watched this side lately. Tactics and formation are down to Gus and his team. He selects the side, coaches them before games and makes the substitutions and lately he has been struggling on all counts. I'm a big fan of Gus but he is not perfect and lately has been getting things wrong as often as getting things right-many will say he's getting more wrong than right lately.

Whichever side of the fence you come down on it is clear that Gus needs to lift his players back to where he had them before October.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here