Blackpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This platform we can now build on ? What is made of ?
Some brave last ditch defending from the usual boys but that was awful.
The only time we have real possession is when sides back off us like Derby and our 3 poor homes games of late.
We should have lost that by 3 clear goals.

But we didn't, we got a point.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Sorry Gus, you are to blame for our shite form in exactly the same way that you were responsible for our good early season form.

That's rather ambiguously phrased.

Dario Gradi bossed Crewe consecutively for what, 24 years?. In all three divisions below the top.
For approximately half the time, he was a genius. The other half, he was a twat.
And in all that time he never scored a goal.

The game is on the pitch.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Poor performance. Great point. Well done BARNES.

Seriously, did you watch the game? I don't think he found a Brighton player with a single pass, which meant they kept coming straight back at us, his famous 'defending' which you lot bang on about, was non existent apart from one block, near the end (which he handled) I think he needs a spell on the bench.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Stole a point but a point is good at Blackpool. Great stuff from Kuschak, El-Abd and Buckley. Need to kick on against Leeds though

A good point? Blackpool have only taken 2pts out of the last 8 games = 24pts. Good point, don't make me laugh.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
really
where were you when we were in the old 4th division
now some of that was depressing

CHAMPIONSHIP
9TH
GREAT STADIUM
25K+ EVERY HOME GAME
SHUT UP PLEASE

Dont try to be funny about being a fan. I have been a fan since 1969

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Many were probably, like me, watching a livestream on the internet. We were not "shit". Our defence and goalkeeper played extremely well. We were, however, outplayed by some distance and unable to achieve much at all when in possession.

We were outplayed but only because we kept giving the ball away in midfield with Bridcutt and Barnes the chief culprits.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Yes, I see there is no explanation still.

Well, I'm imagining this will make little sense to you if it really needs explaining, but I would argue that watching a match with your own eyes is generally more reliable evidence than relying on the interpretation of a radio commentator. Especially as it's entirely possible that two different commentators will convey very different ideas about the performance, based on their own opinions. No?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
really
where were you when we were in the old 4th division
now some of that was depressing

CHAMPIONSHIP
9TH
GREAT STADIUM
25K+ EVERY HOME GAME
SHUT UP PLEASE

With all due respect this is getting incredibly tedious now. That was a different club completely, if we keep hanging on to that we'll never progress.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Best friend is a Leeds supporter. Their fans are even more perplexed about their team than some of the posters are here are about Brighton. They are absolutely shocking at the moment.

Perfect game to get back to winning ways.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If I was Mr bloom and that layout then I'd give Gus till Xmas to turn it round otherwise I'd sack him.

But you're not and i think i can say with absolute confidence that you will never come close to being in a similar position to him will you ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But we didn't, we got a point.

Because we got lucky. That was a very poor performance and I would have said the same if Orlandi had a right foot and had got us an undeserved winner instead of passing back to their keeper. Even the neutral commentators where wondering what the hell we were playing at with those tactics, just inviting Blackpool on to us all the time. CMS was and will never be affective if we play him like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports