Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool are planning.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
ah nice on kindle too, will definitely get hold of a copy. Seen the front cover now too, with the effigy being burnt.... Already given us more ideas of course.....

As you can imagine this latest "club statement" this evening has angered fans even more......

We tried to get anti-oyston banners in the away end at various other home games. But we are watched like hawks, as I am sure you will know about. Most of the TK are banned from the stadium anyway, I am one of the few who is not, as yet. Although we have not organised the protest tomorrow we do support it, and we understand that there may at some point toward the end of the game be a protest inside the stadium. When we did our 1953 protest, Cardiff fans joined in. The 19th minute they joined by chanting "We'll always be blue" and in the 53rd minute when we walked out they stood applauding.

Anything any Brighton fans can do tomorrow would be great, even just standing with us before the match. I am sure someone will try give a Brighton fan a banner to try take in...

And to add to what I said about some fans thinking it would be best if you won tomorrow, there was even a call by some for fans to actually cheer when the opposition score.... Ridiculous and surreal times...

If you're on Twitter you might want to follow the author Steve North @BuildaBonfire

West_Stand_Ultra

Jan 29, 2015
ah nice on kindle too, will definitely get hold of a copy. Seen the front cover now too, with the effigy being burnt.... Already given us more ideas of course.....

As you can imagine this latest "club statement" this evening has angered fans even more......

We tried to get anti-oyston banners in the away end at various other home games. But we are watched like hawks, as I am sure you will know about. Most of the TK are banned from the stadium anyway, I am one of the few who is not, as yet. Although we have not organised the protest tomorrow we do support it, and we understand that there may at some point toward the end of the game be a protest inside the stadium. When we did our 1953 protest, Cardiff fans joined in. The 19th minute they joined by chanting "We'll always be blue" and in the 53rd minute when we walked out they stood applauding.

Anything any Brighton fans can do tomorrow would be great, even just standing with us before the match. I am sure someone will try give a Brighton fan a banner to try take in...

And to add to what I said about some fans thinking it would be best if you won tomorrow, there was even a call by some for fans to actually cheer when the opposition score.... Ridiculous and surreal times...
I believe there is one fan going to give a few Oyston Out scarves to some of the Brighton fans ,like you say Knights the banners get confiscated , a few Oyston Out scarves in the Brighton end would look good.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

We tried to get anti-oyston banners in the away end at various other home games. But we are watched like hawks, as I am sure you will know about. Most of the TK are banned from the stadium anyway, I am one of the few who is not, as yet. Although we havŵe not organised the protest tomorrow we do support it, and we understand that there may at some point toward the end of the game be a protest inside the stadium. When we did our 1953 protest, Cardiff fans joined in. The 19th minute they joined by chanting "We'll always be blue" and in the 53rd minute when we walked out they stood applauding.

Fair makes you weep.........and the authorities sit back and do nothing.

Good luck to you :thumbsup:

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
We will be there after a couple of drinks in the Pump and Truncheon. My dad, although Sussex born and bred, was a Blackpool fan because of Sir Stanley Matthews. He died in November so this is an emotional journey for us all. I wish Blackpool every success in their battle to save their club. Oyston out!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
hi there again, just so you can see the depths to which the Oystons are stooping this club statement was posted within the last hour.........

www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-2237743.aspx?

On the eve of the 'StandOut' protest as you can imagine this has already angered many fans.... Most of us are aware of the comments made by the fan they are talking about, and some of his comments were very unpleasant. However, by comaprison the words and actions of Karl Oyston and to some extent one of his sons, Sam are equally appalling.
Get the buckets out during the protest and have a collection, you'll make a decent dent in that £5k.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Song - Ring of Fire.

De-de-de-de-de-dair-de-duuur... (Oy-ston-Out!)
De-de-de-de-de-dair-de-duuur... (Oy-ston-Out!)

No?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not all of the Blackpool fans will walk out so why the hell should Brighton fans walk out. And anyhow. It has nothing to do with us. We don't know all of the circumstances and to top all that, why should we care

I assume you weren't around in the dark days of the 90s. If you were then shame on you. Any Brighton fan travelling to Blackpool who experienced that period in the club's history has a duty to attend if it is possible for them. In our darkest hour others came to stand with us.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Best of luck to all Blackpool fans in your fight stay strong and together.
So similar to our struggle that a fans united day would be totally appropriate. It would be well attended by all those clubs in the north west and further away and bring some much needed local and national media attention due to Blackpool being one of the most famous and oldest clubs in the country with a deep history.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not all of the Blackpool fans will walk out so why the hell should Brighton fans walk out. And anyhow. It has nothing to do with us. We don't know all of the circumstances and to top all that, why should we care

If you are fishing then that is a poor attempt.
If you are serious then shame on you.
Even if you are a new supporter of the Albion you must surely know enough about our not so distant history

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The Oysters sound more and more like CJTCs every day.

OfficialKnights

Jan 30, 2015
Thank you for all the replies. If you check our Facebook page we have included some of your messages, hope you don't mind. Just we find it refreshing and wanted to share with fellow Blackpool fans. We also earlier posted some of the information provided earlier in this thread about 'Build A Bonfire'.

Hope to see some of you later today.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'll be there later. Where specifically is the pre match protest? Outside the main stand?

TangerineArmy

Jan 29, 2015
Hang your head in shame.

yes its outside the main west stand, thats the one by the cobbled road and palm trees (well ish).

Sun is shining so roll on the demo. I'm even leaving Overtime at work to attend. Be good to see some of your boys later. Cheers again for your support and all the best

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:flameboun Karl Oyston = Bill Archer :flameboun #BuildABonfire

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
he ain't bothered about football at all, bfc r even hosting Neil diamond 2 weeks before next season starts and oystons says 'it won't affect the pitch'

Doesn't he know what damage to can be done to the pitch by pushing a grand piano from the touchline to the centre circle ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here