Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool are planning.....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not all of the Blackpool fans will walk out so why the hell should Brighton fans walk out. And anyhow. It has nothing to do with us. We don't know all of the circumstances and to top all that, why should we care

There speaks a true JCL

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I get that people wouldn't necessarily feel like walking out themselves.

But to say "why should we care?" risks alienating an awful lot of football people who supported us during the Dark Times. I can't make that game but have no problem with people who want to offer Blackpool moral or practical support.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Surely a walkout is counter-productive?

It seems that Oyston doesn't really give two shits about the fans so the best thing to do would be to hit him in the pocket and not bother going - walk out after 5 minutes or 90 minutes, he'll still have the gate receipts in his back pocket.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All that parachute money, yet they still got themselves in this mess. I do sympathise with them somewhat. But 3 points is much more important.

Well, the owner has trousered all that parachute money, thats what has caused this mess. Its kind of the point of the protest.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I get that people wouldn't necessarily feel like walking out themselves.

But to say "why should we care?" risks alienating an awful lot of football people who supported us during the Dark Times. I can't make that game but have no problem with people who want to offer Blackpool moral or practical support.

This.

It's always shocking to see a club at the mercy of a seemingly unscrupulous owner, but especially given our past. I hope Blackpool fans can get their message across, and start to put things back together on and off the pitch. The Blackpool fans that I've encountered in the past have always been a decent sort - they approached their season in the PL exactly how I hope we'd approach ours, if we had one. They enjoyed every game regardless of the result, and recognised how fortunate they were to be having a shot at the big time.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sorry mate our team need all the support at the moment , forget backing the Blackpool fans just get behind the lads
Absolutely this.If i was going i would give our team much needed support. We are still deep in the brown stuff ourselves.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'll happily walk out with them.

People have short memories on here sometimes.

Nothing to do with people having short memories. Our end of season fixtures look tough and playing teams like Blackpool is where we should be picking up points. They need our support during the match. If Blackpool want to hold a demo before the match then fair enough.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Thumbs up for everyone from me, apart from those predicting an easy win; for reasons that should be obvious for any fan. SEE ME!
Apologies for stating the obvious to most but for those a tad slow on the uptake I'm saying one should not count their chickens. It does not mean I support Palace. I used to loath Palace but now I dislike other teams more for different reasons e.g. Chelsea, Manchester United, Aston Villa, Reading, Sunderland etc. Brighton have been my team for 45 years.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Well, the owner has trousered all that parachute money, thats what has caused this mess. Its kind of the point of the protest.

Isn't he suing people who posted that he trousered all that parachute money? I hope that you can prove that statement in court!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Isn't he suing people who posted that he trousered all that parachute money? I hope that you can prove that statement in court!

He was only claiming his old man's expenses back :lol:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Not all of the Blackpool fans will walk out so why the hell should Brighton fans walk out. And anyhow. It has nothing to do with us. We don't know all of the circumstances and to top all that, why should we care

I think we should care, as thousands did for us. That said, I'd hardly think it fair for Blackpool supporters to complain that BHA fans didn't, having gone all that way and with some expense when they hadn't had the respect or foresight to suggest we boycott the game in advance.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When we boycotted a game there was a rather poorly locked gate on one side of the ground, I wonder if Blackpool has arranged something similar. Then it would be ok to join the protest for a bit then trundle round the side and smash a gate down and watch the rest of the match.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Reading the link that Uncle Buck has posted, it seems that the demonstration will be at 2.30 outside of the West Stand. A lot of them are not going into the match at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here