Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I remember Millwall last season or was it the season before that with their lump it and time wasting being alot worse. TBH we wernt that most better then Blackburn.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It does not have to be. We should stick with the style of play we developed and not just adopt the generic style of everyone else!

I think we play quite a good possession game (although nowhere near fundamentalist Tiki-taka). We've just prioritised getting more bodies into the box with players being less afraid to shoot for fear of losing possession. Hyypia tried to be way too clever in his formations without the quality to back it up. I'm not sure which 'possession based' teams have been successful since Spain got spanked in 2014?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It does not have to be. We should stick with the style of play we developed and not just adopt the generic style of everyone else!

We havent. With the players we have 442 is the best and besides last year and the year before its the formation that works and gets teams PROMOTED.

What style was that? Gus brilliant L1,the turgid first Amex season? The relatively ok second season but still cautious (Barnsley at home who hadnt won in five one up front first shot in the 22nd min for example) the Oscar attritional bore fest? Samis Kamikazi?

Yeah I liked those styles. :facelpalm:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think we play quite a good possession game (although nowhere near fundamentalist Tiki-taka). We've just prioritised getting more bodies into the box with players being less afraid to shoot for fear of losing possession. Hyypia tried to be way too clever in his formations without the quality to back it up. I'm not sure which 'possession based' teams have been successful since Spain got spanked in 2014?

Barcelona??

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

1). We didn't develop it, and
2). We finished above the relegation places by the skin of our teeth last season.

Did not help he spent the day at right back and was chasing Kaz all over the pitch. But £5 million looks steep although I'm sure he is a better winger

True, forgot he was at right back. Kept mistaking him for Conway, who I thought started the game really well then faded. If we had just a couple more options off the bench we would be a really strong side. Marshall and a striker plus Tex on loan and we mean serious business.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Surely the worst style of football to ever visit the AMEX? Absolutely awful, they caused us some trouble but imagine paying to watch that... Anyone think of any worse?

Just another bully boy team

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The gus and Oscar seasons were far from turgid. What formation do the teams that get relegated from this division play? 442 as well. Most of the teams play it in this division, it does not make it the best formation to play.

You can rewrite history all you want but here was ALOT of turgid football under Oscar and Gus. One up front bullshit and LOADS of sideways and backwards passing. Remember the Greer el abd greer al abd greer el abd greer el abd back to casper passing?

Most teams that get relegated play fancy formations and one up front.

Have to agree to disagree.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The gus and Oscar seasons were far from turgid. What formation do the teams that get relegated from this division play? 442 as well. Most of the teams play it in this division, it does not make it the best formation to play.

Thought Oscar's brand was at times desperate (although effective).

However, I always enjoyed Poyet's football brand, though inevitably there were bad games as there are with all managers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One up front bullshit and LOADS of sideways and backwards passing. Remember the Greer el abd greer al abd greer el abd greer el abd back to casper passing?

Who could forget it? (well, obviously some have!) I always remember that interesting variation where one of the midfielders drops back to make himself available, receives the ball and passes it straight back to Greer/Dunk/El Abd etc. - always set the pulses racing, that did..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here