Blackburn spending

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
just seen they have signed Leon Best for £3mil, Zaha looking like £4mil.

Must admit, it looks like they are going for it.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Best is a very good signing at this level. It's a bit strange as the chicken men hardly spent any money when they were in the Premiership.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Best is a very good signing at this level. It's a bit strange as the chicken men hardly spent any money when they were in the Premiership.

Just what I was thinking.

Kean was on a shoestring in the Prem. Now they've gone down, they're splashing millions. Or is this just the parachute payments they're rifling through in a shit-or-bust season ?

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton

Maybe they could see a lot of deadwood and thought getting relegated would be the easiest way of clearing out (like newcastle did). Only will work IF they gain promotion pronto. As it stands at the moment they must be favourites for top spot?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Obviously think they have won the lottery with the parachute payment

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

tis wierd. and keeping Kean on, who lets face it on all the evidence so far, is a shit manager.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Best and Murphy seem like very good signings at this level. Im very suprised they're spending money now they're down. Unless the owners still think they cant get relegated?!

Another example to us of how hard it is going to be to challenge for promotion next season also. To be honest, I will be very happy if we finish in the same position again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or is this just the parachute payments they're rifling through in a shit-or-bust season ?
It looks a bit shit or bust.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think they'll do a Leicester. Spend loads and struggle to achieve.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
and ain't that the problem with parachute payments? I thought they were designed so that clubs could come to terms with paying premiershit wages in the championship and thus avoid receivership etc not so they could go down to the sweety shop and buy what they like?!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports