Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Black Friday / Deals on Amazon goods (eg Echo £54.99, Echo Dot £19.99)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The new Echo Input - https://amzn.to/2QNy5mg - might do something like this (I've lazily not checked).
Cool, I've not seen those. I basically use the Echo Dot as exactly that (so the Dot has a speaker, but I don't use it). Shame it's not on sale, or I'd order one. I don't really want to pay £35 for that, when I can have the Dot 3 for £25.

Oh bugger it. You've made me cancel my new Echo Dot 3, as I need the Echo Input in my life (although I will wait to see if it goes on sale).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's good to know.

I've had the Gen 1 standard Echo, now I've got the Echo Show first edition. Neither have headphone jacks AFAIK.
Yeah it's the Dots with the 3.5mm out, and now, as Bozza has posted, the new 'Input', which doesn't even have a speaker. I want me one of them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any genuine Black Friday deals catching the eye?

Very possibly in the market for a Nintendo Switch or Switch with games bundle. Post anything you see that looks decent please!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Any genuine Black Friday deals catching the eye.

Very possibly in the market for a Nintendo Switch or Switch with games bundle. Post anything you see that looks decent please!

Do you need to change your phone? If so, EE are offering a free Nintendo Switch when you upgrade with them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you need to change your phone? If so, EE are offering a free Nintendo Switch when you upgrade with them.

No, I'm sticking with my trusty old iPhone 7 Plus, and I buy my phones outright anyway - never go on a contract.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No, I'm sticking with my trusty old iPhone 7 Plus, and I buy my phones outright anyway - never go on a contract.

Are you finding it a bit buggy after the last update? I ma and someone else on here mentioned it........not looking to change though

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Cool, I've not seen those. I basically use the Echo Dot as exactly that (so the Dot has a speaker, but I don't use it). Shame it's not on sale, or I'd order one. I don't really want to pay £35 for that, when I can have the Dot 3 for £25.

Oh bugger it. You've made me cancel my new Echo Dot 3, as I need the Echo Input in my life (although I will wait to see if it goes on sale).
I had a look at the Echo input but failed to see what extra value,as the functions seem to be the same, apart from size this has over an Echo Dot (especially as they are reduced) and the new Echo input will not be out until next month. Ended up getting the new Echo dot which works perfectly with an old stack system and speakers.

Edit having a stupid moment.
Just worked it out the Echo input will be cheaper than the Echo Dot 3 when prices are adjusted after Black Friday.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
No. The most you could do is control the power supply to the stereo, on or off.

To select music vocally by title, you will need to subscribe to Spotify or Amazon music, although there are many free songs. All radio stations are free, including local and DAB radio.

You will need to buy a smart bulb, as the device communicates through wi-fi, so the bulb or its hub will be connected to the internet. One advantage of this is that you can also control the light when you are not at home. In addition, there are lights where you can change its colour, hue and brightness - all by asking it to do so, or with an app on your phone.

It is essentially a bit of fun, but there are some conveniences that I would imagine would be helpful to older people. "Alexa, remind me to get some stamps" or "Alexa, turn off the hall lights". "Alexa, what is the weather like tomorrow?", etc.

Ah so nothing that I could not ask the missus to do for me .... :lolol:

I think your standard echodot will drive your stereo much in the way that my computer does today. I stream music from my amazon prime account to pc and pc is connected to stero via line in. do the same with my phone up the garage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here