Black Coffee

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
ESU - Lined up, bought coffee, told the milk was over the back near the windows on a shelf? Struggled through the crowd to find all milk had gone just an empty box! Asked a supervisor at another counter why the milk was not given out with the coffee? He just shrugged with a sickly grin!!! Bloody useless catering. Bringing a flask next time.:annoyed:

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
ESU - Lined up, bought coffee, told the milk was over the back near the windows on a shelf? Struggled through the crowd to find all milk had gone just an empty box! Asked a supervisor at another counter why the milk was not given out with the coffee? He just shrugged with a sickly grin!!! Bloody useless catering. Bringing a flask next time.:annoyed:

Milk ruins a coffee anyway...........

D

Deleted member 18477

The milk they supply is shit anyway! You need about 4 as it is! Why they can't just pour a bit of normal milk in a coffee when you buy it is beyond me. That said, the coffee is shit! Only fresh coffee for me from now on. Turning into a proper coffee snob!

The Tea is ok, although you have the same milk problem!

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
The milk they supply is shit anyway! You need about 4 as it is! Why they can't just pour a bit of normal milk in a coffee when you buy it is beyond me. That said, the coffee is shit! Only fresh coffee for me from now on. Turning into a proper coffee snob!

The Tea is ok, although you have the same milk problem!
I found out we needed more after we only put two milks in each cup. As you say the coffee is s**t. £2 per cup and all!!!

Nov 14, 2011
Hassocks
" £2 per cup and all". at that price it can't help but leave a bitter taste. In last seasons opening games at the Amex you were able to buy a cup of White coffee which just required the added water, but this option has now disappeared. I presume the caterer makes a bigger profit if they only order black and the water thin milk add-ins. As for finding the milk in the WSU, it's a joke. Today, wifey ordered a black coffee and sent muggins to look for the milks, which I eventuley did but not before upsetting 20 deep people trying to watch the TH v Ch game. The quality of our catering and the thought behind the planning management for each game is very poor in fact it's amateurish. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the lack of highly pre-game publicised Chili Pie, which was as rare as Willie Wonkas Golden tickets.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
....And don't get me started on the fact that I couldn't find any ketchup for my hotdog at half time. Sort it out Barber. :rolleyes:
ESU - My Grandson got a hot dog (frankfurter i should say, I thought they promised real sausages this season?) and we had to search for the ketchup - again it was on the back shelf with the non existing milk - three sachets later and lots of paper to clear up the mess we took our seats. (Sorry he had all the ketchup). Why can't they have the milks on the counter which the highly trained staff can place in your hand when they pour the coffee and a plastic bottle of ketchup which they can squeeze on your hot dog!!! Sounds too easy?

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Same in west lower exact Sam thing happened to me, I. Walked around for ages looking for milk, asked every kiosk and their answer was "dunno where they are check the back" . I found 1 pot of milk which did nothing... Fair enough it's just milk but I spent 2 quid on a piece of shit black drink where the staff care a slight bit.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Why can't they have the milks on the counter which the highly trained staff can place in your hand when they pour the coffee and a plastic bottle of ketchup which they can squeeze on your hot dog!!! Sounds too easy?

Much too easy, unless you like ketchup in coffee and milk on a hotdog.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If they had them to hand out then people would moan they only give you one etc.

People will always find a reason to moan.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Milk ruins a coffee anyway...........[/these might sound silly issues after all when you got a woodlice in your boveril at the goldstone you did not Complain, however these are important to get these things right as the club needs our fans to spend money with our caters every penny counts and will help us move forward. this is why it was a a shame a company who got the contract are not passionate about Brighton Hove AlbionQUOTE]

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Unbelievable.

Moan bloody moan about no milk this, no sauce that.

It's a football ground, not MacDonald's.
Not bad for your first post Sid........it gets a lot worse than this. I don't usually moan only when things p**s me off and there's nothing on the box. Up the Albion.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
If they had them to hand out then people would moan they only give you one etc.

People will always find a reason to moan.
I would ask them for three or more, I only moan when there is a reason to. If we did not do that nothing would improve. Why should we pay good money for second rate service. If MacD did that they would be out of business. Barber would have this lot out now if they did not have a long contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports