Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bit of a rant

101luke7

Sep 5, 2011
So I'm sitting in my normal seat in the West Upper, as i always do, and as soon as Vicente scored his goal yesterday, People around me are getting up and leaving.

Now im sorry, but if missing 10 minutes of a football match just so you can get home that little bit earlier is more important than the game, then by all means leave. It shouldn't make any difference to my life that you are willing to give up 1/9 of the game just so you can get in the queue for the bus. And it didn't just happen against Hull either, It happened at Arsenal, It happened at Newcastle, It happened at Liverpool last season; Practically every single game ive been to over the past 6 years.

I went to the Withdean and I got there through park and ride. On many occasions, I had to stand there in the cold and the wet for 10 to 20 minutes while waiting to go to Mill Road. That's life. Next time you go to a Brighton game, Home or away, You look for these people, and you will find thousands. It doesn't how gripping the game is or if someone's died on the pitch, It just doesn't seem to matter to them. Makes me so frustrated.

Your opinion? :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh another why do people leave early threadzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I agree.. and the same goes for the many who miss the last 5 mins of the first half (and the first 5 mins of the second) just so that they can get a pie, or a pint... FFS! Did you come to watch a match, or did you come for the culinary experience?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I have exactly the same perspective about people who go to nightclubs and don't stay there 'til closing time. Disgrace.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
To be honest I feel a little guilty going for a beer at half time 5 minutes before the half ends.

But it's the only way to get a beer and not have to down it in one before the second half.

NEVER leave early though, usually the last to leave our row.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So I'm sitting in my normal seat in the West Upper, as i always do, and as soon as Vicente scored his goal yesterday, People around me are getting up and leaving.

Now im sorry, but if missing 10 minutes of a football match just so you can get home that little bit earlier is more important than the game, then by all means leave. It shouldn't make any difference to my life that you are willing to give up 1/9 of the game just so you can get in the queue for the bus. And it didn't just happen against Hull either, It happened at Arsenal, It happened at Newcastle, It happened at Liverpool last season; Practically every single game ive been to over the past 6 years.

I went to the Withdean and I got there through park and ride. On many occasions, I had to stand there in the cold and the wet for 10 to 20 minutes while waiting to go to Mill Road. That's life. Next time you go to a Brighton game, Home or away, You look for these people, and you will find thousands. It doesn't how gripping the game is or if someone's died on the pitch, It just doesn't seem to matter to them. Makes me so frustrated.

Og goody, another thread about people leaving early. This board is so ball achingly shit for about 48 hours after every match. Because of threads like this.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
They pay their money, they can do what they want. 83 minutes seems early, but ho hum. Never understand why people get so upset by it

Because I keep having to stand up to let them past. Now it's not so much the standing up that annoys me but that it breaks my concentration on the match. When I'm watching Brighton I get quite absorbed by it and having to let someone past breaks that for me. Does that make any sense?

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
Yesterday for the first time I left with 2 minutes of normal time left It was my first game since having a hip replacement so I thought it would be safer for me to get to the coach park as I am walking slowly with 2 walking sticks.
I was surprised at how many people were running to get to the park and ride bus area.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
To the original poster:

Some of us live in excess of a 2 hour journey home.
I occasionally leave a few mins early....but it's because
I need to get home for something at a reasonable hour.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

I posted on another thread that some people will always find something to moan about. This thread illustrates my point perfectly :lol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tried out new seats yesterday in West. Best thing about them is that we don't have to keep bobbing up and down for people going out early at half time to avoid the food/toilet queues or at the end to avoid the bus/train queue.
95 minutes undisturbed......... brilliant! :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The chaps in front of me, left a couple of mins before the goal.

THEY HAVE MISSED EVERY SINGLE LATE GOAL, FROM DONNY ONWARDS.

Stumpy Tim

Because I keep having to stand up to let them past. Now it's not so much the standing up that annoys me but that it breaks my concentration on the match. When I'm watching Brighton I get quite absorbed by it and having to let someone past breaks that for me. Does that make any sense?

A little bit, but it seems a tiny thing to get wound up over

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I left on 89 mins.

Mind you, I was only wearing a T-shirt, and one layer of socks, so it was quite nippy! :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here