Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biss, Lampt, Webby

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He did, will the Japanese guy replace him adequately?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't think we can rely on that at the moment.

I agree, Lamptey is the player we can afford to lose least.

But I don't think we'll lose anywhere near as many players as people seem to think. More than likely none in this window, and don't think more than 2 in the summer. If we do lose players, we'll have planned in ways to mitigate their loss

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No one mentioned that we'd have an extra 150m to spend. Given the recent record of the scouting and recruitment department, I think we'd do just fine!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Cant sell all the top players at the same time.

As the contract situation looks right now, Bissouma, Trossard, Maupay and Mac Allister all needs to be sold in the summer if Brighton is going to get any money for them. Add Webster and Lamptey to that and next season would look like a relegation battle as replacing six players would be tough regardless of money spent. Luckily I think Maupay and Ali Mac will hopefully extend and that Webster and Lamptey will be around for another year.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
They're not going to take a backward step into the Championship with the Journalist murderers!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't think we can rely on that at the moment.

I agree, Lamptey is the player we can afford to lose least.

But I don't think we'll lose anywhere near as many players as people seem to think. More than likely none in this window, and don't think more than 2 in the summer. If we do lose players, we'll have planned in ways to mitigate their loss

I agree. It's clear now that we are aiming for a sustainable succession model as regards recruitment. I'd argue that we have more or less planned for Biss's departure and should the right offer come in we'd be happy to let him advance his career. We've been preparing for Biss to go for a while.

I'd say we definitely have no successor for Lamptey at all so I cannot see us even considering letting him go. Tariq also doesn't strike me as a greedy git so I do not think Newcastle would hold any allure for him.

Webster, hmm could we cope without him, maybe but we'd rather not. I get the feeling that Newcastle just watched the Chelsea game last week and thought "he looks good, let's ask about him". That is not the sort of enquiry we respond to seriously.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Wouldn't it simpler if the club just changed it's answerphone message to "**** off Newcastle" for the next few days?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
For players and staff alike, the Albion is a great place to be right now, not sure any of them would want to move unless it was very silly money. Genuinely can see Newcastle struggling to attract the right players to stay up.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Given that for most of this season we've been without at least one of Webster (8 out injured), Bissouma (8 games out for various reasons) and Lamptey (6 out injured, 3 unused on the bench after injury) for most of this season and had points where two or three have been out, then I think it shows that, yes, we can cope without them. Whether we thrive without them is a very different question

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
For players and staff alike, the Albion is a great place to be right now, not sure any of them would want to move unless it was very silly money. Genuinely can see Newcastle struggling to attract the right players to stay up.

I agree with half of what you say

I agree that staying at Brighton is a far more attractive option than many on these threads will have you believe. I believe that all the players who's contract is coming to an end will have been offered very attractive (and probably eye watering to us) new deals, which some of them will sign when it's right for them to do so.

I think Newcastle will have a depressingly effective final day of the window flurry, which will give them a great chance of staying up.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I agree. It's clear now that we are aiming for a sustainable succession model as regards recruitment. I'd argue that we have more or less planned for Biss's departure and should the right offer come in we'd be happy to let him advance his career. We've been preparing for Biss to go for a while.

I'd say we definitely have no successor for Lamptey at all so I cannot see us even considering letting him go. Tariq also doesn't strike me as a greedy git so I do not think Newcastle would hold any allure for him.

Webster, hmm could we cope without him, maybe but we'd rather not. I get the feeling that Newcastle just watched the Chelsea game last week and thought "he looks good, let's ask about him". That is not the sort of enquiry we respond to seriously.

Alert from Lamptey, I’d say that we have potential successors lined up for every position. Sherpen and Rushworth for Big Bob, Roberts and Turns in central defence, the kid at Hearts for Cucurella, Caicedo and Alzate in central midfield, Sarmiento and Kozlowski for Trossard, Ferguson for Welbeck, the list goes on.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Agreed, I would happily,.. well unhappily, let them go at season end, but not in Jan... let's finish high enough to be an attractive option for new quality recruits in the summer.... that's my view.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

yes moosh ...we are a suarez or a shearer away from scaring the furk out of the rest of the kernts , having followed the seagulls since 78 i am well proud of what we have done when many others have gone down the tube ....suarez to me is not a massive pipe dream , we'll see ...this shoit should ware off in an hour or so.,

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good to see Bruno Guimaraes on verge of signing for the Saudis, as he plays same position as Biss.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We wouldn’t be as good, but still good enough to stay up. Just not for top half. If we’re looking at 9th currently then we’d be more the 14 type area if faced a whole season without them. About 12th if they left this Jan.

We have long term replacements already at the club but not short term so next season would be tricky. Could get by loosing one or two but I’d be worried if all started leaving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here