Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham v Aston Villa

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Villa win this game and their next home game, they could still be in with a chance of auto promotion by precedent. Sunderland went up as runaway Champions yonks back with an equally bad start.

Teams: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1085106/Live

1/3rd of the season is already gone !

They have pretty much ZERO chance of top 2 unless Albion or Newcastle implode.

They could sneak into the playoffs though, and be favourites from there to go up.

Win this and they'll be just 4 points behind Massive.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Watching the game I have a feeling that Villa could make the play-offs. Which is great for us!
How?
Well last day of the season BHA need 1 point for automatic whilst Villa rest their team as they are in 5th 4 points ahead of 7th. Is that not how it normally works AGAINST us?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Blues are a good side. They could be the team that gives us the most worries.

Bloody hell. That ground rocked when they scored!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
1-1.... want Birmingham to win to derail any feel good factor from appointing Bruce.

I'd definitely rather Birmingham win than Villa. Despite their current positions, I think there's more chance of Villa being up with us at the end of the season than Birmingham. Although they both have a decent chance of top six.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Good result for everybody. Hopefully no trouble after the game and both teams will be fairly content with that.

I thought if Brum had won they could be dark horses but Villa have got too much ground to make up on us now. Wish I'd put some money on a draw though as this derby usually ends as a stalemate.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Standard of football in that game was rank. It was like watching football from the 70s at times with defenders hoofing it long at every opportunity and 20-second bursts of head tennis.

I know derby games have their own logic but on that showing I can't see how either of them expect to go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here