Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Does he still do the bag?

You betcha.

By any rights his show is the crappiest, most local radioey rubbish I've ever heard and yet...just something about his silky smooth delivery and the softly spoken ramblings of his loyal band of pensioners make for an oddly relaxing and dare I say it, entertaining listen.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That was fun :) Felt squeaky bum but in the end we closed it out pretty comfortably. Starting with 4-5-1 meant we didn't have to change to 4-5-1 and it was all nice and comfortable. Back 4 immense, Stephens or Dunk MOM for me.

It was more a 4-4-1-1.

Decent away win tonight. Back 4 were good, Dunk & Goldson swept up everything. The linkup play between full backs and wingers was poor and LuaLua was getting beaten easily hence the sub. Thought Sidwell did OK. Skalak was pretty poor but very good set pieces, looked like scoring every time.

I think Hughton was clever. Gave much needed much time to players like to be involved in the run in against a very poor and dis-organised Birmingham side.

Onwards we go

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
What? UNBEATEN in 2016 and have Leeds who are AWFUL.

3 points from the last 3 games(should have lost sat)As I said Burnley have hit poor form at a very crucial time.
Their tails are down whilst the two teams who are going to finish 1st and 2nd have their tails up.

Guadiola,Conte,Mourinho,welcome to the Amex.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Drinking wine listening too talk sport and hearing our boys gaining another fine result whilst sitting on a roof terrace looking towards mount Etna.... All the chat was about Burnley, Middlesbrough, Derby and Hull as promotion contenders.... I kinda like this under the radar bollox....

Well done to the Albion, I am starting to think we can do this an emense result tonight after the disappointment of the late goal on Saturday...

We should be very proud I know I am....

It always puzzles me as to why Brighton get so ignored.Even when they destroyed Leeds, all the talk was about Leeds.

Maybe it's because Brighton don't have the same history as some of these other clubs but surely the media need
to stop living in the past and realise a team like Brighton with their stadium and support are the future.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It always puzzles me as to why Brighton get so ignored.Even when they destroyed Leeds, all the talk was about Leeds.

Maybe it's because Brighton don't have the same history as some of these other clubs but surely the media need
to stop living in the past and realise a team like Brighton with their stadium and support are the future.

I'm cool with that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just got home. What a night, what a result. Well played CH......we all looked a bit perplexed when the team was announced but yet again 3 points in the bag. Skalak put in some truly fantastic crosses, Sidwell actually had an OK game and the Dunk/Goldson partnership was immense. Tomer was a fingertip away from our goal of the season. Of course we had an obligatory 20 mins of squeaky bum time but getting used to it now. Even the journey there and back was good. Happy days. We can do this.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What a load of negative nellies posting in the first half of this thread. Hughton knows what he's doing.

Sometimes it's just better not to read the match day thread when things are a bit against us, kneejerk reaction on here can be completely ridiculous and usually the same suspects. I missed the first 30-40 pages and haven't bothered reading them since.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sometimes it's just better not to read the match day thread when things are a bit against us, kneejerk reaction on here can be completely ridiculous and usually the same suspects. I missed the first 30-40 pages and haven't bothered reading them since.

I was at the match so just read it through now.
There were negative nellies in Birmingham too. One bloke behind me was abusing our players for most of the match. I turned round & said something to him. Fortunately for me he didn't react, but I'd had enough of it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was at the match so just read it through now.
There were negative nellies in Birmingham too. One bloke behind me was abusing our players for most of the match. I turned round & said something to him. Fortunately for me he didn't react, but I'd had enough of it.

Great support from you lot, well done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here