Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City FC - vs - Brighton & Hove Albion FC **** Official Match Thread ****

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If you're trying to get live commentary then you won't find it there bruv, that's the highlights that are on Seagulls player. I assume you have a DAB radio and that counts as online so you won't get the commentary on it because the football league have sold the online commentary rights to the player network. You need to listen on FM.

I'm listening on DAB.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Now turn off your computer and stand upside down against the wall.

If I could do that, I wouldn't be in front of a computer in the first place!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Missed chances again

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
music???????????????????????????????????????????

switched to Brum commentary 'it's all Brighton' 'Andrews running the show'

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
If you're trying to get live commentary then you won't find it there bruv, that's the highlights that are on Seagulls player. I assume you have a DAB radio and that counts as online so you won't get the commentary on it because the football league have sold the online commentary rights to the player network. You need to listen on FM.

Cheer bruv. I knew that old tape machine would be useful one day.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
I have asked this question before. Apparently 'Player' do not have the staff to monitor every game for every minute.

The problems fall into 3 categories:

1. The BBC team at the ground
2. Their link to 'Player'
3. 'Player' itself.

Mostly it is 1. and is sorted by Paul kicking bum, which I can assure you he does. It is 2. occasionaly and is normally cured by re-dialling the link.

It is rare to be 3. and this is probably the most difficult for the club to control.

I appreciate they don't have the ability to monitor, but that's no excuse for providing no means for users to report a fault in real time.

If the response from your phone company was "if you don't frequent the same forum as someone who knows our CEO, tough luck" then you'd probably switch providers. Of course, we can't switch providers and I assume that Player networks know this and that's why it isn't important to them to provide any level of customer service. It's a real shame.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Well, Oscar has definitely nailed the pre-game team talk. Just need to get the half-time one up to that level.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I think I'll go and watch the baseball on ESPN and find out what happened in Birmingham on the BBC this evening after Match of the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here