Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City FC v Brighton and Hove Albion FC ***Official Match Thread***

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
-I honestly don't think the players think about how long it's been since they've come from behind to win, at least not to the extent it makes them give up on a match because they go behind
-Dominating and failing to convert is bad.
-Being in the lead and conceding late is bad.
-Failing to beat a team 11 places below you despite dominating the game and having the lead is bad. People shouldn't be criticised for being pissed off when it happens
-Kuszczak won't be criticised as much as Ankergren or Brezovan because he doesn't make as many mistakes as them. "Once is happen stance, twice is coincidence...". It's easier to forgive the odd mistake now and again, ones made every other week are not so easy to get over
-It's disappointing because it puts more pressure on us to win on tuesday if we want to keep in touch with the play offs (especially considering we don't have a game in hand on watford who are 4 points clear of 7th place)
-We're still playing well, if CMS had a bit more confidence, and if Ulloa can convert some of the chances we create we have every reason to look forward to a good run
-Even if we start scoring more of our chances, there will be games we struggle in and may need to defend a one goal lead - we really need to work on that
-It doesn't matter who we sign, how well they gel, how much we improve our conversion rate, we will still lose games occasionally. Maybe we will feel hard done by, but that's football.
-This is a discussion board. Yes, some people will be eternally negative and really there's the ignore function for that, but some are simply expressing disappointment over the result, and will want to highlight where it went wrong today. It's part of football discussion and always has been.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Is a sports psychologist or something needed?

Possibly this....

We seem prone to confidence issues in the team..... the recent inability to score goals and missed penalties spring to mind.
Seem to recall Orlandi saying something about our confidence being a factor a couple of months back.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I really don't agree with that though, I understand the frustration at not winning and especially in these type of games. But negativity isn't going to improve anything, and ultimately the result today hasn't ruled us out of the play-offs, although you'd think it had judging by the reactions! If Kuszczak was going to make a mistake, I'd rather it were today than in the last game of the season when it might matter a heck of a lot more. We have so many games left, we'll end up in the play-offs if we're winning our home games and drawing our aways. We're well positioned, I just can't find it in me to be disappointed overall.

Obviously when the goal went in I did the comical throwing down of my pen like the whole world was over, but I get over it quite quickly!

It dosn't work like that though- win at home draw away,we have won 5 home games all season.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Be positive people.

New striker in. Game in hand. Arsenal on Saturday. Vicente back!​

A lot of people admitted they would have taken a point here before K.O! We've got the point, let's all move onwards and upwards.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Someone bounce the Vicente thread where people said he would never play for us again. I could do with a laugh.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
To be fair I think a lot of that was tongue in cheek, certainly was from me.

And a lot of it wasn't. Why say something if you don't actually believe it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here