Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City FC v Brighton and Hove Albion FC ***Official Match Thread***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If as has been said we were not taking chances after half time, why not make a striker change earlier, Hoskins on the bench doing nothing, Lua Lua as we know can push a team back with his pace, and Vicente??... why bother giving him so little time,...... I saw the chyanges as fairly negative.... we were asking for them to push us back.

Despite the fact Butland made a 'world class' save to keep us out in the last minute, really negative that is, wonder what the talk on here would have been if he hadn't saved... all would have been rosy in the garden despite our conceding late, I would hazard a guess. Aspinall said Brum fans were fickle... he doesn't read NSC I guess.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
If as has been said we were not taking chances after half time, why not make a striker change earlier, Hoskins on the bench doing nothing, Lua Lua as we know can push a team back with his pace, and Vicente??... why bother giving him so little time,...... I saw the chyanges as fairly negative.... we were asking for them to push us back.

Agreed. That is exactly my point. We still tend to be a tad too defensive when a goal up, rather than kill teams off. Ok we went 0-3 up at Ipswich and they had go at us but we were never really in trouble as they were really poor. Sounds like Brum were lucky and we gave them the equaliser but shouldn't have been an issue if we had already killed them off. Its that killer instinct that we still need to make us solid play off contenders.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
I think the players get nervous, possibly in part as a result of how much everyone around the club is anxious for success. As said before, Oatway & Poyet want the players to push up, but mistakes, misplaced passes due to us being nervous about holding onto the lead etc, leave us on the back foot!

Is a sports psychologist or something needed?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I guess the disappointment of a very late equaliser is always hard to take. But at the start of the year I would have taken 7 points from 9, cup win followed by glamour tie and new expensive centre forward. Lots of points to play for, no need for a negative reaction.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think it is frustration because if we want to reach the play offs we need to be winning this.it is going to be tough clawing these points back on teams like Watford.

I really don't agree with that though, I understand the frustration at not winning and especially in these type of games. But negativity isn't going to improve anything, and ultimately the result today hasn't ruled us out of the play-offs, although you'd think it had judging by the reactions! If Kuszczak was going to make a mistake, I'd rather it were today than in the last game of the season when it might matter a heck of a lot more. We have so many games left, we'll end up in the play-offs if we're winning our home games and drawing our aways. We're well positioned, I just can't find it in me to be disappointed overall.

Obviously when the goal went in I did the comical throwing down of my pen like the whole world was over, but I get over it quite quickly!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The really annoying thing is following andy naylor on twitter sometimes and when he tempts fate it always happens......

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think it is frustration because if we want to reach the play offs we need to be winning this.it is going to be tough clawing these points back on teams like Watford.

Its inevitable fair number of peeps on this board will feel cheated of a good win...tis human nature....and then there will be the odd few that get off on it...roll on next match

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt argue that when leading going into the last few minutes we tend to sit back to try to absorb the increased pressure that we have put on ourselves and that the opponents exert, being behind, but thats not reason to slag the team off endlessly about `1 mistake by an otherwise excellent keeper. We need for each player to up his game for the closing minutes and kill the game off rather than give away possession continually

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
oh well cant see us winning at blackburn
Well of course you can't, you're a pessimist and can't ever see us winning anywhere. Were you expecting us to lose or draw today?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Thicko in the back of the bus time; 'PIG' = Pole in Goal, I'm thinking?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
People are just frustrated, including me. We should have won easily today, we had the chances and Birmingham were 20th before today. It was 2 points lost. If we are serious about play offs then we should win these games. Hopefully all the players will be in place before feb to push on but we do not want told age ourselves too much to do.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Originally Posted by Seagull over Canaryland<br />
Ok it sounds like we made a great comeback after going a goal down only for TK to drop a clanger in injury time but surely if we had taken our chances and scored a 3rd goal of our own then we would not be agonising right now. We aren't consistently ruthless enough at killing teams off, so a late equaliser then becomes irrelevant.

Not sure you're right about vicente. He was pushed right up front and clearly tasked with holding the ball - which he did. Unlike Cms who was like teflon today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here