Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City FC v Brighton and Hove Albion FC ***Official Match Thread***

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That's as maybe, but I'd hardly say Barnes has been pulling up trees. He has been playing well since coming back into the side but i'd hardly call him a striker in FORM.

Hey, he scored in the last game, that constitutes form! :lolol:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
That's as maybe, but I'd hardly say Barnes has been pulling up trees. He has been playing well since coming back into the side but i'd hardly call him a striker in FORM.

If you drop a striker after they have scored a goal, then it shows poor man management. Poyet was bemoaning the fact that his strikers never score, and now Barnes (regardless of whether you or syone likes him or not) DOES score, they should be immediately dropped?

If that happened then no strikers would ever go on a goal streak.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
[tweet]292633000645115904[/tweet]
#BHAFC v Birmingham: Kuszczak, Calderon, Greer, El-Abd, Bridge; Bridcutt, Hammond, Orlandi; David, Barnes, Mackail-Smith.

[tweet]292633011516760066[/tweet]
#BHAFC subs v Birmingham: Ankergren (GK), Dunk, Dicker, Vicente, LuaLua, Buckley, Hoskins.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think its been noticeable that when he isn't in the team we struggle.

However, Ulloa will surely start down the middle, with Barnes perhaps on left.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Pleased CMS is playing, i thought we would not see him in an Albion side again - I was told he was as good as gone last week, great if he stays and plays alongside Leo. I wonder if Buckley has an injury?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
CMS in for Buckley. So he was injured last week. Who was it who posted that he was gone?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If you drop a striker after they have scored a goal, then it shows poor man management. Poyet was bemoaning the fact that his strikers never score, and now Barnes (regardless of whether you or syone likes him or not) DOES score, they should be immediately dropped?

If that happened then no strikers would ever go on a goal streak.

What about Dobbie then, two in two games???...Do you think that was poor man management???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here