Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Monorail

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • BARBER OUT

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Love him, genius ... blows Elton John out of the water for me... I can’t abide English artists pretending to be American as EJ did in that denim cowboy hat wearing phase... although they were fine tunes it was a vapid commercial attempt to break the US by being one of them... it worked, but it’s a bit fake for my tastes.

Bill Joel is the real deal and a brilliant songwriter and a better piano player and a superb lyricist too.

So there.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He’s very good. Not a go-to artist for me, I don’t own any of his music but always enjoy his stuff when it comes on the radio.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's alright. Made a few half-decent, or even arguably decent, records. But, rock god? Nah......
Singer/songwriter prophet and messiah? Nah.
Is he OK? Yeh, he's OK.

Love him - fine, if he strikes a chord with you;
Hate him? - why? That would be a bit weird unless you have some personal knowledge.
Christie Brinkley probably did his career a power of good, TBH.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Big numbers on the poll. I have never heard anything that made me want to investigate his music closely. Most of his big hits irritated me beyond belief.

Piano Man is okay.

I will give The Stranger a burl and see whats what.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Better than Springstean imo. If your ever in New York, pop over to Oyster bay Long Island, 20th Century Cycles is owned by Bilky Joel, here he shows off his collection of motorbikes. Its all free to go in, and Quite often the Legend is there.

Saw him a few years ago with my son at Wembley stadium, just before Covid, Absolutely amazing. I was suprised to see so many generations of fans of all ages,

Innocent man, Scenes from Italian resturant, New York state of mind are possibly my favs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why has no-one mentioned this - great song and video?

For me this is a truly hideous record. Something disturbing about this artist, too. He makes me feel sad. He seems like a little boy, staring balefully through the window of a toy shop, knowing that the lovely things will never be his.

I know, just me, then. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here