Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour SINGED on a four-year contract

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He won't be going anywhere i January. He will be getting a fair bit of game time. It's already been mentioned that Argentina, for instance, could make it to the finals and, if they do, Ali Mac will contribute. It's also been mentioned that both Moises and Ali Mac are one booking away from a suspension. Gilmour is first in line to replace them.
I'd also add the following:
-- potential injuries; Lallana is hardly injury-free, others might also suffer
-- change of formation might see Gilmour play more
-- he's already got on the pitch in quite a few PL matches
-- we have a Cup game against Charlton and, potentially another one shortly after if we win in which Gilmour is likely to play ...
-- ... also the FA Cup starts early Jan, in which Gilmour may also play
Our squad is pretty thin at present, and we've lost Mwepu in midfield. Gilmour is not going anywhere in January.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wouldn't be shocked if he moved on loan in January with a more defensive minded midfielder coming in to replace him in the squad. Most likely he'll stay though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He won't be going anywhere i January. He will be getting a fair bit of game time. It's already been mentioned that Argentina, for instance, could make it to the finals and, if they do, Ali Mac will contribute. It's also been mentioned that both Moises and Ali Mac are one booking away from a suspension. Gilmour is first in line to replace them.
I'd also add the following:
-- potential injuries; Lallana is hardly injury-free, others might also suffer
-- change of formation might see Gilmour play more
-- he's already got on the pitch in quite a few PL matches
-- we have a Cup game against Charlton and, potentially another one shortly after if we win in which Gilmour is likely to play ...
-- ... also the FA Cup starts early Jan, in which Gilmour may also play
Our squad is pretty thin at present, and we've lost Mwepu in midfield. Gilmour is not going anywhere in January.
This - Billy is one injury away from a decent run in the team

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wonder if we could offer Chelsea a deal to cancel his transfer in exchange for making Colwill’s loan permanent?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As the squad stands, I can't see him going out, but Brighton are said to be interested in a number of midfielders to sign this January. It might all be paper bullshit but as he is sitting on the bench mostly, seen reports that the club is looking at players in his position, and already feels that his career stalled at his last club, going out on loan might be something he could push for.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Chelsea didn’t want to sell, instead they wanted him to go on loan again. He said no if he was not playing for Chelsea. he wanted to leave on permanent deal - so why would he ask to go on loan?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lots of hysteria triggered by clickbait.

I opened my phone earlier today to read that Chelsea are about to sack Potter.

Then I closed my phone :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Still seems to be slightly struggling for gametime. Tho I'd guess RDZ has taken him aside and reassured him that he has a major part to play this season

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Now establishing himself as a quality PL midfielder, he made the right call by joining us. It could easily have been another case of a talent wasted eg Rodwell, Ravel Morrison, Pennant. And great for us too.

His Canaries haters will be in shock!
Good game today, really held midfield together

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
He was outstanding today but he’s not yet a Caciedo replacement but could he grow into the role?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He was outstanding today but he’s not yet a Caciedo replacement but could he grow into the role?
Then sell him back to Chelsea for £135m? 🤣🤣🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here