Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Arce

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well, no.

He's now a free agent, so can go anywhere

Nobody wanted to buy him in any transfer window though

I believe, but am not 100% sure, that he needed to have been a free agent while the window was still open.

My guess is that we would've been open to offers from clubs and would probably have been happy to let him go on a free transfer. I'll also guess that there were South American clubs interested but that none would've been prepared to come close to the salary we were paying him, which would likely have been settled up to the end of June as part of the settlement.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
File this under ‘learning experience’ that helped get Moises in

From an article I read last summer, the experiences from the Arce contract were not insignificant in facilitating getting Caicedo over the line.

Although let's see how Caicedo gets on when he actually makes his PL debut before coming to conclusions on the benefits of this!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No doubt the the usual herd of #Scoutingteamout suspects will be gloating over their empanadas over this, and as usual failing to recognise that loads of hires don't work out :shrug:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I believe, but am not 100% sure, that he needed to have been a free agent while the window was still open.

My guess is that we would've been open to offers from clubs and would probably have been happy to let him go on a free transfer. I'll also guess that there were South American clubs interested but that none would've been prepared to come close to the salary we were paying him, which would likely have been settled up to the end of June as part of the settlement.

He can move to any club where the window is still open. So he couldn't join a Premier League side but could go to the MLS as I believe their window is open until May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here