Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest rip-offs in Britain..

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Won't name the pub as it is not unique but, pint and white wine and soda was marginally short of £10 near Brighton station Saturday lunchtime!

Can get 2 bottles of wine in the supermarket for that, and they wonder why pubs are closing.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Major electrical retail park stores selling multi-plug adapters, speaker cable and HDMI leads at ridiculous prices when trade electrical shops etc will sell them without any hype for a % of the price.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Has to be peak time trains into London, £60 for 42 mins of standing from my area. Must be most pricey on the planet and going up too!!

And business rates, a complete joke of a tax and they don't even empty your bins.

Buying any snack or drink at the large cinema chains. Daylight robbery

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Interesting thread
I find paying the same amount of council tax for a one bedroom flat as many three bedroom houses a disgrace,i pay the same as many mates,bloody disgusting.The water bill also facks me off...I pay the same as many who have 3 bedroom houses with kids etc,when i explained this to thames water they said the landlord should put a meter in,as if he would!!
Why can't they work out the bill on the circumstances?

You have to seriously question how these things are worked out as its bloody shambolic that they get away with it,no wonder why so many struggle to pay their bills.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Brighton buses on short journeys, as a cost per mile.

Legoland - every punter thinks they have a cost advantage with the special family ticket, but turns out everyone else has the same. Then you join colossal queues so barely do a few rides, all for well over a £100 +.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Interesting thread
.The water bill also facks me off...I pay the same as many who have 3 bedroom houses with kids etc,when i explained this to thames water they said the landlord should put a meter in,as if he would!!
Why can't they work out the bill on the circumstances?

Pester your landlord as they are installed for free. Got mine done last year and have reduced my bill by over a third - well worth it for single occupancy dwellings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We were in Frankie & Benny's :down: on Friday.

A bottle of Doom Bar £4.95.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

When I worked at RSCH some years ago and parking was free...yes, it was YEARS ago the car park was always rammed with day trippers taking the piss and no one needing to use the car parks for actual hospital business could get in.

Free parking at places like Arrowe Park in Birkenhead or Rotherham Hospital is unlikely to get abused because no bugger wants to go to them for recreation in the local area. Free car parks in tourist towns like Brighton or shopping destinations like London would be abused big style.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Bogus special offers, sainsburys have two tubes of Pringles for £4 but who in their right mind would pay £2 for one tube. It is just a con, but one that many will fall for.

I very definitely agree with this....though not the Pringles I care about. But intelligence insulting OFFERS that are actually more expensive than normal or large, or multipacks that are dearer than buying the equal weight in smaller packs but labelled as offers. Are they stupid or do they think we are? :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here