Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest ****ing ref ever?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Long before their winner, the ref's performance was lambasted from within the stadium.

From the off he allowed endless time wasting, Leno holding the ball for an age on repeat, kicking the ball away repeatedly when we wanted quick free kicks.

Put it this way, if you're a coach who seeks; a stop-start game, no momentum, playing time lost down a blackhole.... Darren England is your man.
I know, however we wasted the first half ourselves and have long felt aggrieved by such time wasting antics going back seasons. Maybe we need to win ugly ourselves a bit more? Holding officials will protect us from etc is just naive. And believe it or not, Brighton have one games this way too. Every club does it.

We’re just feeling aggrieved because we lost and need someone to blame. Watch, I’ll get abuse for such that but if it helps people with short temperatures…

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Any time the game is stopped for a head injury the player who went down should be given a mandatory five minutes concussion check absence with no substitute
All for cutting out time-wasting which is ruining the game and there’s a definite cynical use of the head injury rule that several teams are using this season. That’s disgusting. But that solution would be pretty harsh on a side that’s suffered a genuine head injury - particularly if their player has been fouled.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Posters are of the impression all we needed to score was more time.

I have absolutely no idea why they would think that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know, however we wasted the first half ourselves and have long felt aggrieved by such time wasting antics going back seasons. Maybe we need to win ugly ourselves a bit more? Holding officials will protect us from etc is just naive. And believe it or not, Brighton have one games this way too. Every club does it.

We’re just feeling aggrieved because we lost and need someone to blame. Watch, I’ll get abuse for such that but if it helps people with short temperatures…
I just want refs to promote a flowing game and add on fair stoppage time.

Perhaps that's a :dunce: cause by me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Long before their winner, the ref's performance was lambasted from within the stadium.

From the off he allowed endless time wasting, Leno holding the ball for an age on repeat, kicking the ball away repeatedly when we wanted quick free kicks.

Put it this way, if you're a coach who seeks; a stop-start game, no momentum, playing time lost down a blackhole.... Darren England is your man.
Five of their players were booked. Not sure what more the ref could have done.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He was appalling. The club need to be seriously digging into PGMOL/the PL as it’s starting to look like a conspiracy against us going on here.
Ah I expect we’ll put out another nicely worded statement this week explaining how totally cool it all is.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Cool. And, again, I agree.

However, today I'd rather have the points than the moral high ground.
Fair enough, but I'd rather win, draw or lose, by fair means.
Today, we blew it - they took their one decent chance....we took none of ours.
Yes, they took the piss re: injuries, so that needs clamping down upon, but I only blame us for failing to win in a pretty-much one-sided match.
I'm still hopeful that we'll have (yet again) our best finish in the top tier, and if we don't we won't be far off.
A far cry, as they say. :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Five of their players were booked. Not sure what more the ref could have done.
In the later stages.

Not an Albion thing, I've always said that a ref sets the tone from the off, whether it be time wasting or thuggery. Nipping it in the bud with clear warnings, then a yellow or two early doors.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And what are the chances of getting concussion if your head injury is so minor it didn’t knock you over Dr Stat?
But that's not the referees call, what with him not being a doctor either.

It's cheating plain and simple but let's not pretend we wouldn't do exactly the same gamesmanship in exactly the same circumstances.

Until such time as we revert back to the norm, us fans need to get used to new cheating, because that's all teams are going to do at the AMEX

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Veltman one?

No penalty for me - clearly looking for the leg to go over.
Veltman clearly didn’t think it was a penalty from what looked like a friendly chat and handshake with the ref and then the same with the defender before the corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here