Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest FLOP of the season?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Solly March

I don't think he's done badly but now he's in a division where full-backs are just trying to kick him off the pitch every week I thought he might do better, but if anything it's shown up his weaknesses. Still think he'll come good but I expected more.

I thought that until a couple of months back. The goals and assists still haven’t come, but I can improvement.

UaeGull

Dec 21, 2007
Everyone's been a hero in my book this season! Let's trust we will see it through to another season in the Premier League! That would be a marvellous achievement! Up the Albion!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't think we've had a flop, and that's despite being in the "oh shit we're nowhere near good enough" camp at the start of the season. I tend to agree with [MENTION=24827]Justice[/MENTION] that when AK plays well the team looks a lot more dangerous and he's done it this season, just not to the extent that he could in the Championship. Izzy Brown? Injured at just the wrong time. Looked disinterested at times but there was one game towards the end - I forget against who - where he looked the only player on the team who could cross the ball (something that Solly and AK aren't that great at if we're honest). I was worried about Ryan, wrongly. Ended up voting for him as player of the season. Suttner? Bong has been so good that he's been kept out but he's a decent footballer who contributed early on in the season. Locadia? I expect him to come good next season and see him as a long term investment. The bottom line is that we are not mathematically safe but we have already performed ahead of expectations. For that reason alone I don't believe we're carrying a single flop.

Think it was v Liverpool that Izzy looked alright......he was also desperately unfortunate with injuries.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Really ? Got injured fairly early and no transfer fee involved. I wouldn't say he was the biggest flop
Well you said Suttner, which is pretty unfair. He's done ok.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Locadia? He has only played less than 3 games? I saw one...yes only v Coventry City but he certainly didn't look a flop that game. He hasn't had the game time to be a flop surely?

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Some, like Ulloa, Locadia, Hemed have had limited game time for various reasons so have not been able to shine. Not a flop in my eyes but certainly disappointing is Solly's lack of progress. Thought 12 months ago that as a raw talent had the potential to play for his country eventually.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Izzy Brown always looked disinterested. Didn't ever consider him one of ours. The rest have all contributed in different ways and would not call out any as a flop.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was asked this today for a place I write a few words for now and again.

I had to go for Knockaert, but I was at pains to highlight that he'd not been a flop in the absolute sense, but had probably failed to live up to our and, probably, his own hopes for the season.

The only other possibility I could think of was Jurgen Locadia, but he arrived injured and has barely had a chance. I think we all thought we'd see more of him though.

Have I forgotten someone?
This thread is genius.

The score tomorrow is now formally guaranteed to be :

Brighton 1 ( Knockaert ) Man Utd 0

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Izzy Brown always looked disinterested. Didn't ever consider him one of ours. The rest have all contributed in different ways and would not call out any as a flop.

A 20 minute cameo against Liverpool, which yielded zilch, is completely meaningless.

I hope we're not scraping around in a barrel for another Izzy loan in a window, when the club are a PL year wiser and have another £100m of ADDITIONAL money.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Good goal by Harry Kane tonight.

larus

Knockhaert? we only win when he plays. Probably had his best games against Man Utd away Arsenal and Spurs at home. idiotic choice if you ask me. Didn't he put the ball in for Murray at Swansea 3 valuable points. Also had decent game oh and scored in the home fixture. One player who loves playing football for our club and you think he's a flop.. ok then

I had to check if you'd written this after the Man U game. Very apt :lol:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Sorry Bozza, your negativity has been noted and will come back to haunt you over the summer months. Now stand in the naughty corner for the duration of the weekend:wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here