Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

big signing soon

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
This!

Gus is playing the poor man role. Tony/Gus know what it takes to challenge seriously at the top end of the table and it's not the likes of £100,000 players. Quality is what is needed and quality costs. I would even go as far as to say the board are looking at next seasons ticket holder renewals and an exciting, decent squad is where its at.

1901 money is guaranteed for the next five years minimum, the stadium will operate every day of the year generating income.

Hold on it's going to be an exciting ride!

I totally agree.

In addition, it looks like Gus and his team, are targeting REALLY promising young players, and not a bunch of "safe" has-beens. If all goes to (what appears to be their) plan, we could not only be building a team to challenge for the playoffs, but possibly automatic promotion. The good thing about such young players, is that, even if we do not get promotion this year, they will develop, in Gus' style of play, to have a real chance in the following year or two. Additionally, there is a real possibility that, if we do get into the Premiership within this time frame, they will have developed into a squad, that with selected additions, could reasonably challenge to stay up, rather than bombing like most teams going up tend to do.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If true, the bit about TB being rich enough to pay off Man Utd's debts makes me staggeringly excited. Though at the same time, having been in his presence at Seagulls Over London a while ago, I am convinced he will not allow us to get into the trap so many other clubs have of spending wildly beyond their means. I think it's just a bit of a shock for all of us at the moment that our means are suddenly far, far, far in excess of what they're really ever been before.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Look at it another way... the general consensus is that Gus has around £5 million to spend, they 'leak' the rumour so as not to have to many greedy billy bollocks agents knocking on their doors and clubs trying to up the price knowing what BHA have to spend, however the reality is the budget is actually £10 million and has been all along, element of possibility in that?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Look at it another way... the general consensus is that Gus has around £5 million to spend, they 'leak' the rumour so as not to have to many greedy billy bollocks agents knocking on their doors and clubs trying to up the price knowing what BHA have to spend, however the reality is the budget is actually £10 million and has been all along, element of possibility in that?

And you know this how?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I think what he probably meant was a 3m big sign, probably saying "welcome to the american express community stadium" although I would prefer "fullbacks beware you are entering a Lua Lua and Buckley occupied zone"!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No, Zamora would not be good. I couldn't stand the thought of him returning and being anything less than top drawer here. I'd rather we found new HEROES.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No, Zamora would not be good. I couldn't stand the thought of him returning and being anything less than top drawer here. I'd rather we found new HEROES.

Why would he disappoint? He is still good in the premier league so why wouldn't he shine in the championship?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
If we're getting LuaLua back then what about somebody else we had on loan last season. For his age and ability I'd say 2.5 mil is in his neck of the Woods.

Yes, that last sentence could have been worded better but I wanted that play on words... :)

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
how long is very soon? 6pm? tomorrow? end of week?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Nonetheless

If any of the rumours, which have been touted about, actually turn into reality, the important thing will be for Gus to have them in place at the start of pre-season. That would give a reasonable amount of time for players to get to know one another and for all sorts of good things coming to the surface. By comparison, last season there was little time to do so as some signings were not that long before the open.

In my opinion FWIW the next three weeks may prove significant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here