Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Big Shane duffy

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Club legend. One of the greatest ever to wear an Albion shirt. World class defender. I hope he has a terrible season - why wish him anything else. He will be playing for a rival team in PL. Makes no sense playing fo another PL team. Mad.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yer feels a bit generous to me. Don't like giving away decent players to a rival.

I'm guessing this is kind of like a loyalty bonus from us to him. He seems to like the south and we are making it an easy transition. Balance out the bad press from cucu.

What bad press for Cucu? We didn’t do anything wrong. The rubbish was all coming from/caused by others!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good move for all parties.

Must be close to legendary status for us, particularly in the promotion campaign and first couple of PL seasons.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good move for all parties.

Must be close to legendary status for us, particularly in the promotion campaign and first couple of PL seasons.

I see him as a legend, as you say his contribution to getting into the PL and staying there under CH. I am also very impressed with the apparent support he has shown whilst hardly ever making the team in the last two seasons. He always looked genuinely happy for the team when they pulled off great results with him on the fringes. He seems to have got rid of some demons since his disaster at Celtic.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
He replaced Mitro in the 90th minute yesterday and contributed to us surviving 4 minutes of a swarm of mad Bees attacking us, so I'm happy. On the 3 performances so far, our central defenders aren't as bad as we thought they'd be (although Tosin had a bit of a mare yesterday) but he'll be a useful sub and replacement if they get injured. I'd like to see him start against some of the smaller clubs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He replaced Mitro in the 90th minute yesterday and contributed to us surviving 4 minutes of a swarm of mad Bees attacking us, so I'm happy. On the 3 performances so far, our central defenders aren't as bad as we thought they'd be (although Tosin had a bit of a mare yesterday) but he'll be a useful sub and replacement if they get injured. I'd like to see him start against some of the smaller clubs.

Surprised the likes of Tim Ream make the starting line up ahead of big Shane, unless that is, he has significantly improved in the two or three years since l last saw him.

Only three games into the season of course, but l'm wondering if Fulham signed Duffy on loan simply as a squad player?

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
And who would those smaller clubs be? Fulham are definetly not massive.

Erm, Albion, Wet Spam, Leicester to name 3. Anyway, here's a pic of Big Shane looking pretty in pink. Screenshot_20220823-131448_Fulham FC.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here